Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB News & Notes (other than Cubs or Sox)
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->With baseball's annual winter meetings unfurling this week at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, rumors run rampant.

A noteworthy one involving the Cincinnati Reds is making the rounds — pitcher Homer Bailey for Chicago White Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye.

A major-league source close to the situation told The Dayton Daily News on Sunday, Dec. 7, "The deal is done and will be announced this week."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dayton Daily News

Two years ago Bailey was the top pitching prospect in all of baseball. I've seen him several times here in Louisville and he throws in the high 90s consistently. He has control problems and is supposed to be a jerk-off. He has a reputation of not working hard as well.

This trade would help the Reds instantly. I really thought they underachieved last year. They have a ton of young talent and by adding a good veteran player might make a big difference.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, outfielder Corey Patterson switched from Scott Boras to Jim Bronner and Bob Gilhooley. Crasnick figures Patterson will sign a minor league deal given his .205/.238/.344 line in '08.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He left Boras? Or Boras left him?
<!--quoteo(post=2219:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:43 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 8 2008, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->With baseball's annual winter meetings unfurling this week at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, rumors run rampant.

A noteworthy one involving the Cincinnati Reds is making the rounds — pitcher Homer Bailey for Chicago White Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye.

A major-league source close to the situation told The Dayton Daily News on Sunday, Dec. 7, "The deal is done and will be announced this week."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dayton Daily News

Two years ago Bailey was the top pitching prospect in all of baseball. I've seen him several times here in Louisville and he throws in the high 90s consistently. He has control problems and is supposed to be a jerk-off. He has a reputation of not working hard as well.

This trade would help the Reds instantly. I really thought they underachieved last year. They have a ton of young talent and by adding a good veteran player might make a big difference.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That rumor has been shot down by several sources on both sides.
Jerome Williams sighting. He was signed to a minor league contract by the A's/
<!--quoteo(post=2227:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:55 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 8 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jerome Williams sighting. He was signed to a minor league contract by the A's/<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And another kleenex is soiled at the Ace household.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=2229:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:58 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 8 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2227:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:55 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 8 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jerome Williams sighting. He was signed to a minor league contract by the A's/<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But not for the reason you may think...or maybe it is.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=2232:date=Dec 8 2008, 12:03 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Dec 8 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2229:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:58 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 8 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2227:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:55 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 8 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jerome Williams sighting. He was signed to a minor league contract by the A's/<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But not for the reason you may think...or maybe it is.

Not from crying. If that's what your question was.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Rosenthal confirms it. The Tigers reached a one-year agreement with Adam Everett for $1MM plus incentives. The deal is pending a physical.

I guess that ends the speculation on Jack Wilson.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->–The Twins are said to be willing to deal left fielder Delmon Young for a shortstop and two potential trade targets are Phillies prospect Jason Donald and Pirates veteran Jack Wilson.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link.
<!--quoteo(post=2534:date=Dec 8 2008, 06:44 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->–The Twins are said to be willing to deal left fielder Delmon Young for a shortstop and two potential trade targets are Phillies prospect Jason Donald and Pirates veteran Jack Wilson.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link.
As the Rays laugh.
@TheBlogfines
It sounds like that little bitch Freel might be headed to the O's for Ramon Hernandez. I'd assume that means Cub-killer Javier Valentin isn't coming back at least.

Ben Sheets and CC talked to the Yankees today.

The Mets talked with Fuentes and will be talking with Hoffman.

The Indians are interested in a deal for Miguel Tejada.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Blue Jays To Meet With Pavano's Agent
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 7:22pm CST]

MLB.com's Jordan Bastian reports that the Blue Jays plan to meet with Carl Pavano's agent Tom O'Connell this week. O'Connell plans to get together with about ten clubs at the Meetings in regard to Pavano. The Marlins and Rockies have been connected to him in the past.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why the fuck would anybody want Carl Pavano?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->8:05pm: Jackson now says a three-year, $17MM deal with Blake could be announced tonight.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=2558:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:40 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Blue Jays To Meet With Pavano's Agent

MLB.com's Jordan Bastian reports that the Blue Jays plan to meet with Carl Pavano's agent Tom O'Connell this week. O'Connell plans to get together with about ten clubs at the Meetings in regard to Pavano. The Marlins and Rockies have been connected to him in the past.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Alyssa Milano did. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=2597:date=Dec 8 2008, 09:00 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 8 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2558:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:40 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Blue Jays To Meet With Pavano's Agent

Alyssa Milano did. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
That's depressing.

- Butcher