Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB News & Notes (other than Cubs or Sox)
<!--quoteo(post=2558:date=Dec 8 2008, 07:40 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Blue Jays To Meet With Pavano's Agent
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 7:22pm CST]

MLB.com's Jordan Bastian reports that the Blue Jays plan to meet with Carl Pavano's agent Tom O'Connell this week. O'Connell plans to get together with about ten clubs at the Meetings in regard to Pavano. The Marlins and Rockies have been connected to him in the past.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why the fuck would anybody want Carl Pavano?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Anyone need a stunt car driver?
<!--quoteo(post=2597:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:00 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 8 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2558:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:40 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Blue Jays To Meet With Pavano's Agent
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 7:22pm CST]

MLB.com's Jordan Bastian reports that the Blue Jays plan to meet with Carl Pavano's agent Tom O'Connell this week. O'Connell plans to get together with about ten clubs at the Meetings in regard to Pavano. The Marlins and Rockies have been connected to him in the past.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why the fuck would anybody want Carl Pavano?

Alyssa Milano did. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Don't tell Tom
CC Wants To Be A Dodger
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Maybe CC Sabathia does indeed want to work close to home.

Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark on Monday that he ran into the free agent on Sunday night in a hotel lobby and the left-hander told him that he wants to be a Dodger.

Although the New York Yankees and Milwaukee Brewers have made offers to the prize of the free-agent class, speculation continued that Sabathia would want to play near the home he is building in Southern California.

Colletti didn't rule out making a run at Sabathia, who along with Mark Teixeira are the two highest-priced free agents on the market.

"It's a possibility," Colletti said Monday. "It's an interesting dynamic with anybody who is long-term at a salary that's higher than most. When you're talking about a player who is long-term, it's going to change the dynamic of your team in some way."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
Apparently Scott Erickson wants to come back. I'd take him only if he would throw batting practice to our guys.
The latest on rotoworld says that CC turned down the Yankees 6 year 140 million offer and that the Brewers are now looking like the frontrunner [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jawdrop.gif[/img]
CC to the Brewers wouldn't really worry me all that much. It would tie them up financially for a long time and the Cubs have owned him historically anyway.
I don't think it would bother me that much either, I am more surprised that he turned down over $23 million a year from the Yankees.
That would be the worst thing that could happen to our offseason. I'm not as worried about his health as some people are, he's a fucking horse. Him returning seems like the only thing that could prevent us from another division title.
@TheBlogfines
If CC really turned down all that loot from the Yanks, he has just earned a lot of respect from me. i fucking hate the Yanks. good job CC.
<!--quoteo(post=3096:date=Dec 9 2008, 06:49 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 9 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That would be the worst thing that could happen to our offseason. I'm not as worried about his health as some people are, he's a fucking horse. Him returning seems like the only thing that could prevent us from another division title.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been hearing that they may have to trade Fielder just to sign him. Along with that, think about how much the Brewers would have to adjust around him because of his salary over the next how ever many years.

It would suck to have to face a great pitcher like that, but it cripples the Brewers flexibility.
<!--quoteo(post=3122:date=Dec 9 2008, 06:59 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 9 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If CC really turned down all that loot from the Yanks, he has just earned a lot of respect from me. i fucking hate the Yanks. good job CC.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Absolutely, I just hate that it's the team that matters most to us. Still, tons of respect for this guy. He wants to play the game and is showing he doesn't need 150 million to be happy.
@TheBlogfines
Eventually someone that large and overworked will break down from something, and that contract will cripple the Brewers financially. I don't have a problem with this as long as they're forced to sell off players and if the rest of their pitching blows.
<!--quoteo(post=3124:date=Dec 9 2008, 07:01 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 9 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3096:date=Dec 9 2008, 06:49 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 9 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That would be the worst thing that could happen to our offseason. I'm not as worried about his health as some people are, he's a fucking horse. Him returning seems like the only thing that could prevent us from another division title.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been hearing that they may have to trade Fielder just to sign him. Along with that, think about how much the Brewers would have to adjust around him because of his salary over the next how ever many years.

It would suck to have to face a great pitcher like that, but it cripples the Brewers flexibility.
Yeah no doubt. But I mean, he literally carried them. While it's pretty much impossible to duplicate the success he had with them, he'll still be very good, and Gallardo looked healthy when he came back. A full year of CC, Gallardo could be better than half a year of CC and a full year of Sheets. Now if you're losing Prince's bat, yeah that'll hurt them. Anyway, if they don't have CC, I don't see how they could beat us for the division and I'm much more concerned about this year than a few years down the road with our team.
@TheBlogfines
That Ramon Hernandez-Ryan Freel deal is complete.
@TheBlogfines
The Orioles are interested in Jon Garland, Michael Barrett, Cesar Izturis, and Will Ohman. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines