Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread
<!--quoteo(post=36485:date=May 8 2009, 04:57 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ May 8 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36484:date=May 8 2009, 03:43 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ May 8 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it too soon to give up on Magglio Ordonez? He's at .225/.313/.284 with two extra bases the entire season (both homers). My offense has been killing me (I'm hitting a combined .182 for the week), so do I drop him and get someone like Bourn or Kubel for a quick fix or just try and wait it out?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If power is your problem, Bourn surely isn't going to fix it.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm hurting for everything right now. My staff is fairly strong so I offered a guy a deal to try and get Justin Upton for some pop, but he hasn't responded in a week. I'm so desperate I think I'm going to start Matt LaPorta next week.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Chris Iannetta or AJ Piersynski?
<!--quoteo(post=37377:date=May 12 2009, 02:27 PM:name=AlexV)-->QUOTE (AlexV @ May 12 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chris Iannetta or AJ Piersynski?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Iannetta is on absolute fire right now. AJP will hit for higher average, it's a push on runs and SB, but Iannetta will easily win in HR and RBI.
<!--quoteo(post=37869:date=May 14 2009, 12:55 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ May 14 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=37377:date=May 12 2009, 02:27 PM:name=AlexV)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlexV @ May 12 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Chris Iannetta or AJ Piersynski?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Iannetta is on absolute fire right now. AJP will hit for higher average, it's a push on runs and SB, but Iannetta will easily win in HR and RBI.
Yeah, I'd say Iannetta has gotten out of his slump and he has much bigger upside.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Guy in my 5x5 H2H Yahoo league proposed this trade:

I get: Joe Nathan and Bobby Jenks

He gets: Dan Haren

My Team:

C: Kurt Suzuki
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Chase Utley
3B: Felipe Lopez
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Matt Kemp
OF: Vernon Wells
OF: Ryan Braun
Util: Jayson Werth
BN: Mike Fontenot
BN: Chris Ianetta
BN: Milton Bradley
BN: James Loney
DL: Aramis Ramirez

SP: Ted Lilly
SP: James Shields
RP: Rafael Soriano
RP: Scott Downs
P: John Danks
P: Dan Haren
P: Ryan Franklin
BN: Scott Richmond

His Team:

C: Mike Napoli
1B: Chris Davis
2B: Asdrubal Cabrera
3B: Chone Figgins
SS: Ryan Theriot
OF: Adam Lind
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: Denard Span
Util: Andre Ethier
BN: Nick Swisher
BN: B.J. Upton

SP: Chris Sampson
SP: Randy Wolf
RP: Joe Nathan
RP: Bobby Jenks
P: Jonathon Broxton
P: Michael Wuertz
P: Juan Cruz
BN: Johan Santana
BN: Brad Ziegler
BN: Cole Hamels
DL: Brandon Webb

I'm 2nd in my league at 27-18-5 (4 games back), my trade partner is in 9th at 22-26-2 (10.5 GB).

I don't want to make a trade just for the sake of a trade, and I'm a fantasy rookie so I don't know if I'll be getting screwed. I feel like I'd be weakening my starting pitching too much (Haren leads my team in K's, ERA, and WHIP). I'm at a full roster, so I'd have to drop 2 players to make roster space plus a 3rd once Aramis comes off the DL. I'm leaning towards either making a counteroffer or just denying the deal altogether.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=38036:date=May 14 2009, 07:19 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ May 14 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guy in my 5x5 H2H Yahoo league proposed this trade:

I get: Joe Nathan and Bobby Jenks

He gets: Dan Haren

My Team:

C: Kurt Suzuki
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Chase Utley
3B: Felipe Lopez
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Matt Kemp
OF: Vernon Wells
OF: Ryan Braun
Util: Jayson Werth
BN: Mike Fontenot
BN: Chris Ianetta
BN: Milton Bradley
BN: James Loney
DL: Aramis Ramirez

SP: Ted Lilly
SP: James Shields
RP: Rafael Soriano
RP: Scott Downs
P: John Danks
P: Dan Haren
P: Ryan Franklin
BN: Scott Richmond

His Team:

C: Mike Napoli
1B: Chris Davis
2B: Asdrubal Cabrera
3B: Chone Figgins
SS: Ryan Theriot
OF: Adam Lind
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: Denard Span
Util: Andre Ethier
BN: Nick Swisher
BN: B.J. Upton

SP: Chris Sampson
SP: Randy Wolf
RP: Joe Nathan
RP: Bobby Jenks
P: Jonathon Broxton
P: Michael Wuertz
P: Juan Cruz
BN: Johan Santana
BN: Brad Ziegler
BN: Cole Hamels
DL: Brandon Webb

I'm 2nd in my league at 27-18-5 (4 games back), my trade partner is in 9th at 22-26-2 (10.5 GB).

I don't want to make a trade just for the sake of a trade, and I'm a fantasy rookie so I don't know if I'll be getting screwed. I feel like I'd be weakening my starting pitching too much (Haren leads my team in K's, ERA, and WHIP). I'm at a full roster, so I'd have to drop 2 players to make roster space plus a 3rd once Aramis comes off the DL. I'm leaning towards either making a counteroffer or just denying the deal altogether.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If I were him, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, so in other words, don't do it. Closers are overrated in Fantasy Baseball. Just look at how much turnover there is at the position. Ride it out and wait until another one goes down. If I were you, I'd also ditch some of those bench bats for more starting pitching.
Yeah, I was probably going to let go of Ianetta and Bradley. Not that Bradley isn't starting to rake, but I don't see how he could crack my lineup as either OF or Util.

Thanks for the advice, CC. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I got offered this trade :

I get Uggla and Braun

I trade Sizemore and Aaron Hill

Here is my team

C-Suzuki ( Posada on the DL)
1b- Votto
2b- Utley
SS- Furcal
3b- Taehan ( Youkillis on DL)
OF- Pierre
OF- Sizemore
OF- Adam Jones
Util- Hill
bench - jayson werth, Justin Upton, Felipe Lopez

I am kind of confused as Hill is having a great year and well Uggla has sucked but Braun would be a major upgrade over what Sizemore has done for my team this year. Should I do it ?
Does Braun still have 3B eligibility? Just curious.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
No
This bloke in my league keeps asking for Milton Bradley. Should I sell low?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=41696:date=Jun 3 2009, 12:59 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 3 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This bloke in my league keeps asking for Milton Bradley. Should I sell low?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why is he even on your roster at this point? I cut him in April.
<!--quoteo(post=41714:date=Jun 3 2009, 05:35 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jun 3 2009, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=41696:date=Jun 3 2009, 12:59 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 3 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This bloke in my league keeps asking for Milton Bradley. Should I sell low?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why is he even on your roster at this point? I cut him in April.
He's just been on my bench. I still am clinging to some hope. Pathetic, I know.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
They're offering me this trade:

I get:
Derek Lowe
Magglio Ordonez

I give:
Brad Hawpe
Jose Valvere (DL)
Troy Percival (DL)

What do you think?
<!--quoteo(post=43972:date=Jun 13 2009, 03:32 AM:name=AlexV)-->QUOTE (AlexV @ Jun 13 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They're offering me this trade:

I get:
Derek Lowe
Magglio Ordonez

I give:
Brad Hawpe
Jose Valvere (DL)
Troy Percival (DL)

What do you think?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd probably pass but it's not an unreasonable offer. I just have no faith in Ordonez to turn it around - he looks like he's completely lost his power.