Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread
<!--quoteo(post=30392:date=Apr 15 2009, 12:53 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 15 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30390:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->20 Moves? Wow.
If that's the case...hold off for now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I thought the 20 moves rule is lame too. They said it's to prevent people from "exploiting" pitchers.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
20 is still too harsh. I'd take a flier on Swisher, but not with those rules. Definitely forces trades rather than drops and adds.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=30392:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:53 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 15 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30390:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->20 Moves? Wow.

Yeah, I thought the 20 moves rule is lame too. They said it's to prevent people from "exploiting" pitchers.

That's retarded, I regularly make at least 50 moves in a season without streaming.
<!--quoteo(post=30544:date=Apr 15 2009, 02:26 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 15 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30392:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:53 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 15 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30390:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->20 Moves? Wow.

That's retarded, I regularly make at least 50 moves in a season without streaming.

Yeah, I agree. I got them to bump it up to 30, but seems like I joined the wrong league [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=30584:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:10 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 15 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30544:date=Apr 15 2009, 02:26 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 15 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30392:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:53 AM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 15 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30390:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->20 Moves? Wow.

Yeah, I agree. I got them to bump it up to 30, but seems like I joined the wrong league [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
You're gonna get screwed with DL guys you can't move.
My only 3B on one of my teams, Alex Gordon, just went on the DL, who knows for how long, apparently he's having hip surgery. So, yeah, I need a starting 3B. I'm looking at Rolen or Lowell as probably the best options available on the FA list. Who would you go with?
<!--quoteo(post=31022:date=Apr 16 2009, 03:08 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 16 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My only 3B on one of my teams, Alex Gordon, just went on the DL, who knows for how long, apparently he's having hip surgery. So, yeah, I need a starting 3B. I'm looking at Rolen or Lowell as probably the best options available on the FA list. Who would you go with?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Lowell has better hitters around him in the lineup.
Jeffy, if you're using Yahoo for your league it has a cap on IP for your team and games played for each position to prevent exploiting the free agency. You should tell them to scrap that moves cap.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=31516:date=Apr 18 2009, 02:16 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Apr 18 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jeffy, if you're using Yahoo for your league it has a cap on IP for your team and games played for each position to prevent exploiting the free agency. You should tell them to scrap that moves cap.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? I looked at the settings and all I saw was a Minimum IP, but there is also a max cap for IP? I also noticed there can be a cap for maximum number of moves per week. Seems like that would be more reasonable to set a weekly move limit rather than a move limit for the whole season, eh?
So in Baron's and my league, there was a trade between two best friends (who have had some very sketchy fantasy deals in the past), J.J. Hardy for Placido Polanco. Two days later, the guy who got Polanco just dropped him. Is this grounds to reverse the trade?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Would you guys do this trade:

I get: Cole Hamels, Clayton Kershaw, and Bradley

I give up: Sabathia, Chamberlain, and Hermida

The idea of Sabathia and Chambelain having half their starts in New York actually makes me cringe a little. The ball flies out of there and I really see no way that either Sabathia or Chamberlain will have ERA's under 4 this season.
I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.
<!--quoteo(post=32357:date=Apr 22 2009, 05:40 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 22 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
As would I. Hamels is going to put up about the same numbers as CC. I'd take Kershaw or Joba right now, and Bradley over Hermida. Wrong time to offer Hamels and Bradley in a trade when their value is lower than it will ever be.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=32445:date=Apr 23 2009, 12:41 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 23 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=32357:date=Apr 22 2009, 05:40 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 22 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
As would I. Hamels is going to put up about the same numbers as CC. I'd take Kershaw or Joba right now, and Bradley over Hermida. Wrong time to offer Hamels and Bradley in a trade when their value is lower than it will ever be.

He ended up backing out of the deal. He started trying to get Granderson from me and I am not giving up Granderson for Bradley.

I am just fed up with CC and it scares the piss out of me to have any Yankee pitcher in that park.
Is it too soon to give up on Magglio Ordonez? He's at .225/.313/.284 with two extra bases the entire season (both homers). My offense has been killing me (I'm hitting a combined .182 for the week), so do I drop him and get someone like Bourn or Kubel for a quick fix or just try and wait it out?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=36484:date=May 8 2009, 03:43 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ May 8 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it too soon to give up on Magglio Ordonez? He's at .225/.313/.284 with two extra bases the entire season (both homers). My offense has been killing me (I'm hitting a combined .182 for the week), so do I drop him and get someone like Bourn or Kubel for a quick fix or just try and wait it out?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If power is your problem, Bourn surely isn't going to fix it.