Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread
<!--quoteo(post=25235:date=Mar 26 2009, 05:02 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Mar 26 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who would be the best RP? Basic 10x10 Roto league:K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP. Jose Arredondo, Dan wheeler, Chad Cordero, or Kevin Gregg?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would go with either Gregg or Arredondo. Gregg still is in the mix for saves. Arredondo could get a chance to close if Fuentes' velocity stays down, but that is a question mark. I think Gregg is the best bet because he is almost always going to be pitching either the 8th or 9th. To be honest, I am surprised Gregg didn't get drafted in your league.
Well, my Wieters gamble in all 3 of my leagues didn't pay off. Still, I imagine he'll be up within 6 weeks and wreaking havoc on the AL like Longoria last year.
<!--quoteo(post=25245:date=Mar 26 2009, 04:33 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 26 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, my Wieters gamble in all 3 of my leagues didn't pay off. Still, I imagine he'll be up within 6 weeks and wreaking havoc on the AL like Longoria last year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Did they send him down? And that's the same way I feel about my Price pick. Find somebody to fill the spot for a bit but they should both be big contributors once they arrive.
@TheBlogfines
Yeah guys like Wieters and Price are especially valuable if it's a keeper league because even if they only play half this year they will have a lot of value next year as well...
<!--quoteo(post=25240:date=Mar 26 2009, 05:15 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Mar 26 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=25235:date=Mar 26 2009, 05:02 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Mar 26 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who would be the best RP? Basic 10x10 Roto league:K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP. Jose Arredondo, Dan wheeler, Chad Cordero, or Kevin Gregg?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would go with either Gregg or Arredondo. Gregg still is in the mix for saves. Arredondo could get a chance to close if Fuentes' velocity stays down, but that is a question mark. I think Gregg is the best bet because he is almost always going to be pitching either the 8th or 9th. To be honest, I am surprised Gregg didn't get drafted in your league.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well I drafted Arredondo. But I was wondering if those others would be an upgrade?
[Image: lou.jpg]
Gad...with you being a Dodger fan and all I was wondering what your feelings are about Wolf this season? How good a year do you think he can have pitching half his games in LA? His numbers for Houston were pretty damn good after he got traded, but his numbers for SD were horrible...what are you guys expecting from him?
He's been pretty good in ST but it's tough to say.. I think he'll be a solid number 4.. I'm far more concerned about his health than his performance.. He does get quite a few K's so he might have some fantasy value.
If you need a sleeper 1st baseman look into Todd Helton. He had back surgery over the winter to repair his problems and this spring he is 21 of 40 with 5 doubles and 4 homers.
Any opinions on the Rangers Chris Davis? I honestly hadn't even heard of the guy until I was getting ready to draft this season, and was kind of surprised to see him around 8-10 in the 3B rankings, in the mix and even ranked ahead of guys like Zimmerman and Atkins. He's my starting 3B in a league and I'm kind of worried about it.
<!--quoteo(post=26824:date=Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Any opinions on the Rangers Chris Davis? I honestly hadn't even heard of the guy until I was getting ready to draft this season, and was kind of surprised to see him around 8-10 in the 3B rankings, in the mix and even ranked ahead of guys like Zimmerman and Atkins. He's my starting 3B in a league and I'm kind of worried about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't be. He had 40HR's and 128 RBI between AA, AAA and the Majors last season.
<!--quoteo(post=26828:date=Apr 4 2009, 11:27 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 4 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=26824:date=Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Any opinions on the Rangers Chris Davis? I honestly hadn't even heard of the guy until I was getting ready to draft this season, and was kind of surprised to see him around 8-10 in the 3B rankings, in the mix and even ranked ahead of guys like Zimmerman and Atkins. He's my starting 3B in a league and I'm kind of worried about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't be. He had 40HR's between AA, AAA and the Majors last season.

Yeah I was actually looking at his minor league numbers too, and they look outstanding. I guess it's just the idea of counting on a 23 year old with half a season in the majors that's a bit unsettling for me.
<!--quoteo(post=26829:date=Apr 4 2009, 10:36 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 4 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=26828:date=Apr 4 2009, 11:27 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 4 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=26824:date=Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Any opinions on the Rangers Chris Davis? I honestly hadn't even heard of the guy until I was getting ready to draft this season, and was kind of surprised to see him around 8-10 in the 3B rankings, in the mix and even ranked ahead of guys like Zimmerman and Atkins. He's my starting 3B in a league and I'm kind of worried about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't be. He had 40HR's between AA, AAA and the Majors last season.

Yeah I was actually looking at his minor league numbers too, and they look outstanding. I guess it's just the idea of counting on a 23 year old with half a season in the majors that's a bit unsettling for me.

He hit .312/.391/.571 in spring training. Again, don't worry about him.
OK guys, I need help. Save lists due tonight. NL only league, 260 auction league. I have 9 of my 10 save guys decided. But I have to decide on the 10th guy, and they are all good to great. Who do I save? Name and salary:

Ian Stewart-$5
Nick Johnson-6
Dave Bush-6
Chris Dickerson-10
Derek Lowe-20
Jeff Karstens-5
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I need another pitcher. Should I pick up Lilly or Randy Johnson?

Verlander, Harang, Kuroda, and Danks are available as well.
<!--quoteo(post=27327:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:02 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 6 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I need another pitcher. Should I pick up Lilly or Randy Johnson?

Verlander, Harang, Kuroda, and Danks are available as well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, pretty much all of those guys should be owned. Must be a small league?