Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread
<!--quoteo(post=27362:date=Apr 6 2009, 02:41 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 6 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27327:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:02 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 6 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I need another pitcher. Should I pick up Lilly or Randy Johnson?

Verlander, Harang, Kuroda, and Danks are available as well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, pretty much all of those guys should be owned. Must be a small league?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's an 8 team league with 7 pitching slots per team.

So who should I pick up? Gil Meche is available as well.
Eh, tough call. I'd probably go with Lilly, followed by Verlander and Johnson.
The kid from Florida that raked yesterday....is he going to be solid all season?
<!--quoteo(post=27980:date=Apr 7 2009, 07:31 AM:name=Quinn)-->QUOTE (Quinn @ Apr 7 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The kid from Florida that raked yesterday....is he going to be solid all season?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bonifacio? He's not much for power, but he's going to be leading off, and has 40+ SB potential, and it sounds like they plan to have him run as much as possible. If you're looking for SB's, I'd take a chance on him. He's only eligible at 2b right now, but they're playing him at 3b, so he'll eventually gain eligibility there.
So, Mike Napoli... what the fuck? I thought I read he was going to be ready to go and now he doesn't play the first two games? I don't really have an open roster spot for a 2nd catcher.
He didn't make a start in ST until March 27th. I imagine they're going to ease him into the lineup.
Are Justin Upton and Delmon Young worth hanging on to? They seem to be playing only around half the time. With my roster as it is, I pretty much have to start one or the other too.
This guy is offering me Soriano and Rollins for Utley and Morneau....it's tempting...what you guys think? I got Loney and Swisher who are 1B eligible.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=30269:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This guy is offering me Soriano and Rollins for Utley and Morneau....it's tempting...what you guys think? I got Loney and Swisher who are 1B eligible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let's break it down:

Soriano=strong sell
Rollins=strong buy

Utley=strong buy
Morneau=strong buy
Swisher=ass
Loney=meh

I wouldn't do it.
<!--quoteo(post=30271:date=Apr 14 2009, 12:23 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 14 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30269:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This guy is offering me Soriano and Rollins for Utley and Morneau....it's tempting...what you guys think? I got Loney and Swisher who are 1B eligible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let's break it down:

Soriano=strong sell
Rollins=strong buy

Utley=strong buy
Morneau=strong buy
Swisher=ass
Loney=meh

I wouldn't do it.
Considering I already have HanRam, I don't need Rollins that much. I'll pass.
<!--quoteo(post=30273:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30271:date=Apr 14 2009, 12:23 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 14 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30269:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This guy is offering me Soriano and Rollins for Utley and Morneau....it's tempting...what you guys think? I got Loney and Swisher who are 1B eligible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let's break it down:

Soriano=strong sell
Rollins=strong buy

Utley=strong buy
Morneau=strong buy
Swisher=ass
Loney=meh

I wouldn't do it.

Well duh... when you put it that way, it's a totally bad trade for you.
<!--quoteo(post=30275:date=Apr 14 2009, 12:37 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 14 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30273:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30271:date=Apr 14 2009, 12:23 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 14 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=30269:date=Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This guy is offering me Soriano and Rollins for Utley and Morneau....it's tempting...what you guys think? I got Loney and Swisher who are 1B eligible.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let's break it down:

Soriano=strong sell
Rollins=strong buy

Utley=strong buy
Morneau=strong buy
Swisher=ass
Loney=meh

I wouldn't do it.

Well duh... when you put it that way, it's a totally bad trade for you.
Misspoke, it's Jose Reyes I got in that league. But close enough in terms of SS. I just needed to be talked down from the initial blind wanting of pulling off a trade. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I need some more offense in my lineup and could really use some advice (before I make a potentially dumb move). I'm considering dropping either Jay Bruce or Derek Lee to get some more runs coming in. Right now I'm just using Lee as a Utility guy, but Bruce is one of my full time OF, though he's off to a slow start, but he does have the potential to do quite well this season, as does Lee (hopefully). However, it would be nice to get some more production, if possible.....

Swisher is available and I'm very tempted......he's insanely hot right now......but who knows for how long [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Adam Jones is hot now and also available. He doesn't have a lot of power, but he's scoring a lot and hitting .357

Should I pick one of these guys up or should I just wait it out with Lee and Bruce?

One reason why I hesitate is because the league has a 20 move limit, and I've already used up a few, and don't want to waste too many this early.......but I'm not playing .500 ball either, so I'm tempted to at least try to shake things up a bit.......

Thanks in advance [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=30389:date=Apr 15 2009, 12:35 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 15 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I need some more offense in my lineup and could really use some advice (before I make a potentially dumb move). I'm considering dropping either Jay Bruce or Derek Lee to get some more runs coming in. Right now I'm just using Lee as a Utility guy, but Bruce is one of my full time OF, though he's off to a slow start, but he does have the potential to do quite well this season, as does Lee (hopefully). However, it would be nice to get some more production, if possible.....

Swisher is available and I'm very tempted......he's insanely hot right now......but who knows for how long [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Adam Jones is hot now and also available. He doesn't have a lot of power, but he's scoring a lot and hitting .357

Should I pick one of these guys up or should I just wait it out with Lee and Bruce?

One reason why I hesitate is because the league has a 20 move limit, and I've already used up a few, and don't want to waste too many this early.......but I'm not playing .500 ball either, so I'm tempted to at least try to shake things up a bit.......

Thanks in advance [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
20 Moves? Wow.
If that's the case...hold off for now.
<!--quoteo(post=30390:date=Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->20 Moves? Wow.
If that's the case...hold off for now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I thought the 20 moves rule is lame too. They said it's to prevent people from "exploiting" pitchers.