Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread
ok so i rejected and he came back with this offer:

I get:
Lowe
Pierre

I give:
Valverde
Hawpe

I really want Lowe because Halladay just went into the DL and I dont really give a crap about closers, it's Hawpe I have problems giving away.
<!--quoteo(post=44821:date=Jun 17 2009, 07:43 PM:name=AlexV)-->QUOTE (AlexV @ Jun 17 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->ok so i rejected and he came back with this offer:

I get:
Lowe
Pierre

I give:
Valverde
Hawpe

I really want Lowe because Halladay just went into the DL and I dont really give a crap about closers, it's Hawpe I have problems giving away.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldn't do it.
I just inherited a keeper league team and I need to pick out 5 keepers. My top 3 for sure (I think) are Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, and Cliff Lee. I need 2 others.

Options: Brian Roberts, Hunter Pence, Alfonso Soriano, Jason Kubel, Nate McLouth, John Danks, Matt Garza, Daisuke Matsuzaka.

What do you think?
<!--quoteo(post=82033:date=Mar 8 2010, 09:27 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 8 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just inherited a keeper league team and I need to pick out 5 keepers. My top 3 for sure (I think) are Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, and Cliff Lee. I need 2 others.

Options: Brian Roberts, Hunter Pence, Alfonso Soriano, Jason Kubel, Nate McLouth, John Danks, Matt Garza, Daisuke Matsuzaka.

What do you think?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd keep Pence.
Yeah I was thinking it's probably between Roberts, Pence, and the 3 pitchers.
Credentials: Rookie to fantasy sports last year. Won my (nonkeeper) fantasy baseball league championship.

I'd probably keep Pence and Garza.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Does anyone know a good site for Razzball rankings? I checked razzball.com, but couldn't find it. Of course, maybe I'm just dumb. (Hint: Probably)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I need to decide my 6 keepers in a 12 team league. Standard 5x5 scoring. Basically when you keep a player you lose the pick 4 rounds earlier than you drafted him the year before.

Here are my no-brainers and the round of the pick they will cost me:

Andrew Bailey: 21
Tim Hudson: 20
Adam Jones: 14
Matt Weiters: 10
Joey Votto: 7

And I need to decide between these guys for the last one:

Javier Vazquez: 9
Jair Jurrjens: 13
Ryan Franklin: 19
Randy Wolf: 17
Clay Bucholz: 18
Johnny Damon: 11

I was leaning towards Franklin so I would have 2 closers locked up with late round picks, but I'm not really sure what I want to do. Any thoughts?
I'd go Jurrjens. Franklin faded in September/October, while Jurrjens improved all around in the 2nd half. I knew Jurrjens was having shoulder inflammation, but he threw live batting practice and his on track for his spring start.

new standard keeper league drafted last night. i had the first pick and took pooholes. for personal reasons i'd like to get rid oh him and wainwright. i have an offer for those two and mccann and i get morneau, mauer and halladay. i want to do it. what do you think?
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=85049:date=Mar 29 2010, 01:50 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Mar 29 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->new standard keeper league drafted last night. i had the first pick and took pooholes. for personal reasons i'd like to get rid oh him and wainwright. i have an offer for those two and mccann and i get morneau, mauer and halladay. i want to do it. what do you think?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're getting ass raped in that deal.
Yea, that's not even close.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I don't think it's that bad of a deal. Is there another not quite as good of a starting pitcher other than Wainwright you could substitute in there instead? I might try something like that if you really want to trade Pujols.
he's a cards fan and i, of course hate them. was thinking my hatred was going to lose me money, that's why i posted. he wants waimwright because he says it's his favorite pitcher. i'm trying to make it a little more even by adding kendrick for hill
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
1. Catchers are overrated in fantasy baseball. There is a marginal difference between Mauer and McCann for fantasy purposes.

2. Wainright for Halladay is pretty much a wash. Maybe Halladay gets a minor bump for the switch to the NL, but Wainwright is younger and in his prime. Since it's a keeper league, I'd much rather have Wainwright.

3. So essentially it comes down to trading Morneau for Pujols. Even if Morneau wasn't coming off of shoulder surgery, it would be a bad trade, but the fact that he is makes it that much worse.

I understand not wanting Cardinal players on your team, but you need to get more for a Cy Young runner-up and the NL MVP and consensus #1 fantasy player. Mauer might be an MVP, but he's not on Pujols' level for fantasy purposes.