Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread
<!--quoteo(post=85068:date=Mar 29 2010, 02:24 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Mar 29 2010, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->he's a cards fan and i, of course hate them. was thinking my hatred was going to lose me money, that's why i posted. he wants waimwright because he says it's his favorite pitcher. i'm trying to make it a little more even by adding kendrick for hill<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ugh... even more reason to rake him over the coals. You're in the position of strength here.
<!--quoteo(post=85071:date=Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1. Catchers are overrated in fantasy baseball. There is a marginal difference between Mauer and McCann for fantasy purposes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Except in AVG, Mauer beat him by about 80 pts.
I do know what you are saying though.
Personally I think Halladay is a decent upgrade from Wainwright and Mauer is a significant upgrade from McCann. I forgot/was unaware of Morneau's injury last season.
<!--quoteo(post=85076:date=Mar 29 2010, 02:36 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 29 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85071:date=Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1. Catchers are overrated in fantasy baseball. There is a marginal difference between Mauer and McCann for fantasy purposes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right, Mauer also had 50 more AB's, and you would have expected him to get a shit ton more... maybe he will this season after getting that contract. I don't like overpaying for catchers. It's one of the positions that I usually place the lowest priority on. Too many catchers get injured, and they take at least one day off a week. Look at the SOI draft results... I'll gladly take Posada in the 16th round and beef up at other positions rather than taking someone like Mauer in the 3rd. The difference between them isn't THAT great on paper.
<!--quoteo(post=85082:date=Mar 29 2010, 03:48 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85076:date=Mar 29 2010, 02:36 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 29 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85071:date=Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1. Catchers are overrated in fantasy baseball. There is a marginal difference between Mauer and McCann for fantasy purposes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right, Mauer also had 50 more AB's, and you would have expected him to get a shit ton more... maybe he will this season after getting that contract. I don't like overpaying for catchers. It's one of the positions that I usually place the lowest priority on. Too many catchers get injured, and they take at least one day off a week. Look at the SOI draft results... I'll gladly take Posada in the 16th round and beef up at other positions rather than taking someone like Mauer in the 3rd. The difference between them isn't THAT great on paper.

What about the intangibles? Fantasy baseball isn't played on paper.

wait...
Between Pujols, Wainwright and McCann you're going to get about 70-75 HRs, 250 RBIs, 10 SBs, 200-220 runs, 350 hits, a .320 average, 17 wins, 200 Ks, 2.8-3.0 ERA, and 1.15 WHIP

Between Morneau, Mauer and Halladay you're going to get about 55 HRs, 190 RBIs, 0 SBs, 180 runs, 350 hits, a .320 average, 17 wins, 200 Ks, 2.8-3.0 ERA, and 1.15 WHIP

Factor in Morneau's shoulder, Halladay's age (and Wainwright's like CC said), Mauer only hitting over 15 HR's once and I think it isn't worth it. Try to get an upgrade somewhere else, and it might be worth it.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
i was definitely clouded, which i thought might be the case. thanks guys
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=85082:date=Mar 29 2010, 04:48 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85076:date=Mar 29 2010, 02:36 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 29 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85071:date=Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1. Catchers are overrated in fantasy baseball. There is a marginal difference between Mauer and McCann for fantasy purposes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Mauer is a good hitter in fantasy baseball. I dont care what position he plays.
(Hell, he can DH in the AL)
I need to boost my batting average, and I'd like to upgrade behind the plate.

What if I offer Justin Upton, Johan Santana & Jorge Posada for Joe Mauer, Matt Holiday & Chad Billingsley?

Asking for too much? Too little? Or am I just stupid for wanting a Cardinal on my team?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Who do you have behind the plate?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=85757:date=Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who do you have behind the plate?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing Posada.
<!--quoteo(post=85772:date=Apr 4 2010, 10:20 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 4 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85757:date=Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who do you have behind the plate?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, Posada. I need AVG and I don't trust Posada with his health and age.
<!--quoteo(post=85772:date=Apr 4 2010, 12:20 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 4 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85757:date=Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who do you have behind the plate?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/teh.gif[/img]
FUCK YEAH JORGE POSADA!!!! Off Pesky's Pole! Whooo. I'll hold off on trading him.
I decided to play for the first time in a while. I ranked Mauer #1 and Pujols 13. I figured there are some other great 1bman, but not much at catcher, and I don't want root for Pujols. It drafted last night, turned out I had the #1 pick. I
I like you guys a lot.