Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF who to start...
<!--quoteo(post=63313:date=Sep 16 2009, 04:48 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Sep 16 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63271:date=Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay experts, should I start Phil Rivers vs. Baltimore or Brett Favre vs. Detroit?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rivers. I feel strongly about this.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

why? i'm leaning towards rivers but I don't feel strongly at all about it.
<!--quoteo(post=63322:date=Sep 16 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63313:date=Sep 16 2009, 04:48 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Sep 16 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63271:date=Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay experts, should I start Phil Rivers vs. Baltimore or Brett Favre vs. Detroit?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I almost think you have to go with Rivers just because Favre might not throw 15 passes all game. AP is going to tear apart the Lions and the Minn D is not going to give up points like NO did. Last week Favre only attempted 4 or 6 passes over 6 yards...I don't see that changing this week.
<!--quoteo(post=63314:date=Sep 16 2009, 03:49 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Sep 16 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63297:date=Sep 16 2009, 12:44 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Sep 16 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Which one? Steve Slaton (@TEN), Leon Washington (NE), Fred Jackson (TB)?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Jackson.

I would lean towards Jackson except for the fact that Slaton rushed for over 100 yards in BOTH meetings against Tenn last year. He was the only guy to rush for 100 yards in a game against Tenn last season.
Slaton has owned the Titans in the running game in the past. Is this the time that Tennessee figures him out?
<!--quoteo(post=63322:date=Sep 16 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63313:date=Sep 16 2009, 04:48 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Sep 16 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63271:date=Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay experts, should I start Phil Rivers vs. Baltimore or Brett Favre vs. Detroit?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think they are going to take it easy with Farve. AP should be able to do everything they need by himself, so once it's 21-0, it's hard to imagine Farve will be passing. It's possible this is the week they open up the offense, and that the Lions put 11 men in the box to stop AP, I just think that they will be pretty conservative in the passing phase of their gameplan.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I'm starting Favre over Schaub in one of my leagues. Why? Because, I think it's a great chance for the Vikings to test out Favre and their passing game. I view it as a confidence builder of sorts for them. We all know what AP can do, but they really need to give Favre and the receivers a chance to get in the groove.
<!--quoteo(post=63430:date=Sep 17 2009, 10:47 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Sep 17 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm starting Favre over Schaub in one of my leagues. Why? Because, I think it's a great chance for the Vikings to test out Favre and their passing game. I view it as a confidence builder of sorts for them. We all know what AP can do, but they really need to give Favre and the receivers a chance to get in the groove.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd start Farve over Schaub as well. Schaub was really bad last week, is hurt, and is playing a very good defense.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=63464:date=Sep 17 2009, 12:02 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Sep 17 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=63430:date=Sep 17 2009, 10:47 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Sep 17 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm starting Favre over Schaub in one of my leagues. Why? Because, I think it's a great chance for the Vikings to test out Favre and their passing game. I view it as a confidence builder of sorts for them. We all know what AP can do, but they really need to give Favre and the receivers a chance to get in the groove.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd start Farve over Schaub as well. Schaub was really bad last week, is hurt, and is playing a very good defense.

I think a lot of teams are going to look really bad against the Jets D. I watched that game, and thought they looked awesome.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=151688

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->LaDainian Tomlinson (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 2 against the Ravens, according to ESPN's Judy Bautista.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Adjust your lineups accordingly.

Does anyone else think he's done?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I always seem to start the wrong guys. Last week I got screwed by starting Ronnie Brown when I had Thomas Jones on my bench. Which guy would you start this week? Logic says Jones (vs NE) but why do I feel like if I do that Brown (vs Ind) will have a better game?

Also for WR - Braylon Edwards (@ Den) , Jerricho Cotchery (vs NE), or Earl Bennett (vs Pit)?
<!--quoteo(post=63652:date=Sep 18 2009, 07:32 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Sep 18 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I always seem to start the wrong guys. Last week I got screwed by starting Ronnie Brown when I had Thomas Jones on my bench. Which guy would you start this week? Logic says Jones (vs NE) but why do I feel like if I do that Brown (vs Ind) will have a better game?

Also for WR - Braylon Edwards (@ Den) , Jerricho Cotchery (vs NE), or Earl Bennett (vs Pit)?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indy's run D, IIRC, is not great.

Tough WR call, but I'd go with Cotchery, given the likelihood of lots of passes.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
ESPN Fantasy Now this morning has Cotchery ranked 24th and Edwards 25th as best receiver plays this week. Bennett is down at 36.
Once again, I have the very tough decision between Mike Bell and Julius Jones.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
At my flex should I play Larry Johnson vs. Oakland or Berrian @Detroit?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I just lost one of my games because Barber pulled a muscle in the middle of a 40 yard touchdown run. Mother. Fuck.