Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF who to start...
<!--quoteo(post=62824:date=Sep 12 2009, 06:06 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Sep 12 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In 4 career games against STL Jones has only averaged 61 yards per game on the ground and scored 2 TD's. Mike Bell might could very easily score 2 TD's on Sunday by himself. I honestly don't even think it is a question, Bell seems like as safe a pick as there is for a flex spot right now. I could easily see him have a 90 yard 2 TD day.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, I hope you're right, because Bell is the guy I'm going with. Super tough decision, but what did it for me was a report out of New Orleans this morning that Reggie Bush is still hurting, and will not get many carries. That means almost a full complement of carries for Bell against the Lions. How could I not start him?

If he's free in anyone's league, I recommend grabbing him and starting him quickly.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Yeah this morning's reports are Bell will get almost all carries for the Saints today and that Julius Jones will only get 60% for the Seahawks.
Boldin is killing me.
<!--quoteo(post=62823:date=Sep 12 2009, 05:02 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Sep 12 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->At my flex spot.

Ochocinco vs. DEN, Royal @ CIN, or Willie Parker tonight vs. TEN?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So who did you start?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

85- and he did the best of the 3.
http://twitter.com/sdutChargers/status/3999358070

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->LT hurt his ankle -- ka<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"ka" is the Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=63105:date=Sep 15 2009, 02:14 AM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Sep 15 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->http://twitter.com/sdutChargers/status/3999358070

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->LT hurt his ankle -- ka<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"ka" is the Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee.

Hmm. Seems suspicious.
<!--quoteo(post=62861:date=Sep 13 2009, 08:12 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Sep 13 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=62824:date=Sep 12 2009, 06:06 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Sep 12 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In 4 career games against STL Jones has only averaged 61 yards per game on the ground and scored 2 TD's. Mike Bell might could very easily score 2 TD's on Sunday by himself. I honestly don't even think it is a question, Bell seems like as safe a pick as there is for a flex spot right now. I could easily see him have a 90 yard 2 TD day.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, I hope you're right, because Bell is the guy I'm going with. Super tough decision, but what did it for me was a report out of New Orleans this morning that Reggie Bush is still hurting, and will not get many carries. That means almost a full complement of carries for Bell against the Lions. How could I not start him?

If he's free in anyone's league, I recommend grabbing him and starting him quickly.

So I recommended the guy who got 143 yards rushing this week, and it may actually have been the wrong choice, given your scoring methods. Amazing.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=63184:date=Sep 15 2009, 03:56 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Sep 15 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=62861:date=Sep 13 2009, 08:12 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Sep 13 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=62824:date=Sep 12 2009, 06:06 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Sep 12 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In 4 career games against STL Jones has only averaged 61 yards per game on the ground and scored 2 TD's. Mike Bell might could very easily score 2 TD's on Sunday by himself. I honestly don't even think it is a question, Bell seems like as safe a pick as there is for a flex spot right now. I could easily see him have a 90 yard 2 TD day.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So I recommended the guy who got 143 yards rushing this week, and it may actually have been the wrong choice, given your scoring methods. Amazing.

Yeah, Jones ended up the higher point guy in my league. But I don't feel bad about picking Bell (nor should you about your recommendation). It was the smart move. As long as I make the smart move, I don't get too bent out of shape if it doesn't end up working out.

And I won handily this week anyway. Thanks Tom Brady.
Okay experts, should I start Phil Rivers vs. Baltimore or Brett Favre vs. Detroit?
Which one? Steve Slaton (@TEN), Leon Washington (NE), Fred Jackson (TB)?
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fred Jackson (@BUF)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How is that possible?
<!--quoteo(post=63298:date=Sep 16 2009, 12:46 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Sep 16 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fred Jackson (@BUF)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How is that possible?
I'm dumb. It's fixed.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=63271:date=Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay experts, should I start Phil Rivers vs. Baltimore or Brett Favre vs. Detroit?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's tough. I'd probably go Rivers just so I didn;t have to root for Favre.

Giff- I'd go Jackson. Other guys are too platoony.
<!--quoteo(post=63271:date=Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 16 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay experts, should I start Phil Rivers vs. Baltimore or Brett Favre vs. Detroit?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rivers. I feel strongly about this.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=63297:date=Sep 16 2009, 12:44 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Sep 16 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Which one? Steve Slaton (@TEN), Leon Washington (NE), Fred Jackson (TB)?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Jackson.