Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF who to start...
<!--quoteo(post=62599:date=Sep 10 2009, 11:27 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Sep 10 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Before anyone thinks my team is pathetic, it's because it's a deep league. Twelve teams, we play 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, and a flex.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] I didn't mean to imply so by my answer; it's just that I play in a PPR league and couldn't imagine having to choose between weaker RBs and a fairly decent WR without thos precious points.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Jody,

Don't start W. Parker. Also if you have a choice don't start L. White. Smooches.

-Steve
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
So you guys all think Julius Jones over Mike Bell (assuming Pierre Thomas is out) against the Lions?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=62628:date=Sep 11 2009, 07:30 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Sep 11 2009, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So you guys all think Julius Jones over Mike Bell (assuming Pierre Thomas is out) against the Lions?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No. Bell over Jones if Thomas is out.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=62615:date=Sep 11 2009, 12:04 AM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 11 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jody,

Don't start W. Parker. Also if you have a choice don't start L. White. Smooches.

-Steve<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for the advide fucker!! Fucking Parker!!!
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Atleast you didnt have Parker and White
peirre IS out.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=62765:date=Sep 12 2009, 09:06 AM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Sep 12 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->peirre IS out.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That makes my choice very tough. We play 2 RB and a flex, and I'm not sitting Michael Turner or Ray Rice (that one is my choice). So I have to choose between Julius Jones - a crappy, barely starter in a run-happy offense against a not so great run defense; and Mike Bell, the temporary starter in a pass-happy, but very good offense, against the worst run defense in the universe.

BT says Bell, everyone else says Jones. Grumble. I have no idea.
<!--quoteo(post=62767:date=Sep 12 2009, 09:37 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Sep 12 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=62765:date=Sep 12 2009, 09:06 AM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Sep 12 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->peirre IS out.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That makes my choice very tough. We play 2 RB and a flex, and I'm not sitting Michael Turner or Ray Rice (that one is my choice). So I have to choose between Julius Jones - a crappy, barely starter in a run-happy offense against a not so great run defense; and Mike Bell, the temporary starter in a pass-happy, but very good offense, against the worst run defense in the universe.

BT says Bell, everyone else says Jones. Grumble. I have no idea.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Like I said, the Football Outsiders like Jones better than most (due to the zone-blocking rush O), and they write goddamned books on the stuff. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

He's on my team, and if I didn't have the option of starting 4 WR/TE and 1 RB, I'd be starting him. As it is, I'm starting Portis, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, and Dallas Clark.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I'm starting Bell in one league over Jones, with Thomas out. I think he is a good play for 1 week. Saints are likely to be up big and running a lot in the 2nd half. Bush is dealing with minor injuries, so if they do get up big, I assume he will sit. Bell will keep getting the ball.
All the rankings that I've seen that have come out since Thomas was declared out have Jones well ahead of Bell
<!--quoteo(post=62777:date=Sep 12 2009, 09:50 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Sep 12 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->All the rankings that I've seen that have come out since Thomas was declared out have Jones well ahead of Bell<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I always check CBS and ESPN and they both have them right together, Jones just slightly ahead in both. I personally have no faith in Julius Jones though, he looked terrible last year.

This is about as close as it gets. Fella's thinking was what was pushing me toward Bell. With the Saints up huge, they're gonna run, run, run. And they're not going to risk Bush.

But at the same time, I do like Jones as a sleeper this year - Seattle has one of the weakest defense-against schedules, starting today. And their new offensive coordinator is apparently a big run guy.

Thanks for all the thoughts. In the end, it sounds like a very close decision.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->At my flex spot.

Ochocinco vs. DEN, Royal @ CIN, or Willie Parker tonight vs. TEN?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So who did you start?
In 4 career games against STL Jones has only averaged 61 yards per game on the ground and scored 2 TD's. Mike Bell might could very easily score 2 TD's on Sunday by himself. I honestly don't even think it is a question, Bell seems like as safe a pick as there is for a flex spot right now. I could easily see him have a 90 yard 2 TD day.