Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
LFG
Steele looking strong.
Sure is. Let’s add some runs.
Yeah yeah - small sample size and Busch just played the best game of his - to date - short Cub career but …

Busch’s stat line year to date is 316/417/474 compared to all other Cub first basemen since Rizzo trade of 217/297/292.

Let’s just proclaim this single trade should cease any mention of Brock for Broglio for remainder of all of our lifetimes - Ha
Edwards signed and throwing in Iowa

When does an expected IL trip to DFA for either Cuas or Almonte start?

As Al Yellon from BCB points out Wicks and Cub fans deserve better

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2024/4/6...mlb-scores
Merryweather to the IL. That’s a bummer — he’s one of our better bullpen arms.
(04-06-2024, 07:51 AM)1060Ivy Wrote: Yeah yeah - small sample size and Busch just played the best game of his - to date - short Cub career but …

Busch’s stat line year to date is 316/417/474 compared to all other Cub first basemen since Rizzo trade of 217/297/292.

Let’s just proclaim this single trade should cease any mention of Brock for Broglio for remainder of all of our lifetimes - Ha

Love to see him doing more damage to LA.
Fantastic start to the season. Tough trip out west now ahead, particularly with the longer than expected day yesterday and thus later flight in to SD. But man, to be 6-3 having played the Rangers and Dodgers is great. I think the Arizona series is the one I'm looking forward to the most. The Diamondbacks were essentially the reason the Cubs didn't make the post season, going 1-6 against them in September, including 1-3 at home. Hopefully bad memories of that provide some extra motivation.
I'm dreading the Arizona series. Historically, for whatever reason, it seems like we just don't play well against them. I don't think this is recency bias, either.
(04-08-2024, 03:59 PM)Butcher Wrote: I'm dreading the Arizona series. Historically, for whatever reason, it seems like we just don't play well against them. I don't think this is recency bias, either.

Looks like the Cubs are 83-97 all time against them, so you're right. It hasn't been terrible in recent years, except for last season obviously. But there was also that 2007 sweep in the playoffs which might fuel part of the feeling that we're awful against them.
(04-08-2024, 05:03 PM)MrSheps Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 03:59 PM)Butcher Wrote: I'm dreading the Arizona series. Historically, for whatever reason, it seems like we just don't play well against them. I don't think this is recency bias, either.

Looks like the Cubs are 83-97 all time against them, so you're right. It hasn't been terrible in recent years, except for last season obviously. But there was also that 2007 sweep in the playoffs which might fuel part of the feeling that we're awful against them.

Yeah that 2007 sweep was rough. I vividly remember just barely getting to Wrigley for game 3 and Chris Young homering to put them up 1-0 before I could even sit down.
I'm at the point where I feel really good when Assad and Wicks take the mound. Ben Brown looks like he needs more time to really start locating that fastball, but also gain more confidence in a third pitch. When Steele and Taillon come back, what should the Cubs do with the rotation? Brown to the bullpen or to AAA? Roll with more rest for guys and something like a 6 man rotation?

Really hoping Kyle, who I think did better against the Dodgers than it seemed to some, has a solid game tonight.
I think Brown, until he has a third pitch, has really good bullpen potential. It looks like he has easy gas at 95-96. If he comes in for 1 inning at a time, that could potentially tick up a few mph.
I just saw Steele has a new Barstool podcast called "Steele the Show", and I can already tell it's going to be awful based only on that amount of information.
(04-11-2024, 01:40 PM)jeffy Wrote: I just saw Steele has a new Barstool podcast called "Steele the Show", and I can already tell it's going to be awful based only on that amount of information.

lol lol lol 

He also needs to rethink his facial hair.