Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
Believe it’s been reported that the interpreter makes about $300,000 a year and amassed gambling debts of almost $5 MM - nope. Sorry, bookies aren’t idiots. They typically don’t allow a gamblers to take on that much debt unless they have a means of paying it off.

Guessing the debt and associated wagers are Ohtani’s. Interpreter acted as his front and placed some or all his wagers under his account. That’s a more believable story than current story

The wagers were typically on soccer matches and no bets were placed on baseball so MLB / Dodgers shouldn’t have too much of an issue - other than sports wagers aren’t legal in California
It's funny seeing the Ohtani fanatics and Dodgers people run to his defense, sorry there's something here.

Also, was going to say did he use your bookie Ivy? LOL
My guy deals with mostly with my block, Bronx, and south Jersey - micro segmentation really doesn’t work from an operations perspective
You still at the same place?
In condo that I’ve had since the 90’s
(03-25-2024, 05:31 AM)1060Ivy Wrote: In condo that I’ve had since the 90’s

If those walls could talk... lol
(03-25-2024, 09:41 AM)jeffy Wrote:

They would immediately plead the 5th as any well instructed “bystander” in events should.  The right not to increment yourself is the foundation of our society
(03-25-2024, 05:24 PM)1060Ivy Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 09:41 AM)jeffy Wrote:

They would immediately plead the 5th as any well instructed “bystander” in events should.  The right not to increment yourself is the foundation of our society

lol
Law out with his predictions, he thinks cubs win the central with 90 wins. Surprised. I agree with him that people are way higher on STL than I think they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm agreeing with him too. Of course now we're all going to be wrong and the Cards probably win 100 games and run away with the Division and win the WS in a steroid and pixie dust-fueled resurgence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NL Central should be close this year - again

Might be tempted to be the under on 90 wins required to win it this season which is just plain nuts. Demonstrates the lack of a clear differentiated team from a talent perspective. Most of the teams have similar levels of talents on their rosters.

Hoping that Counsell, roster depth, and a bit of Wrigley magic can pull out additional 6-11 wins to win the division
Sometimes it feels like the talking heads overestimate the Cardinals just because theyre the Cardinals.
They have a history of being a well run organization that which wins but …

..Their starting rotation is damn old; while relying on youth in outfield; hoping Arenado’s drop off in production last season was just a blip; and Willson can become an average catcher
Happy opening day!
(03-28-2024, 09:35 AM)Butcher Wrote: Happy opening day!

Hell yeah! Glad to see the Cardinals shit the bed.