Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
(04-11-2024, 02:02 PM)Butcher Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 01:40 PM)jeffy Wrote: I just saw Steele has a new Barstool podcast called "Steele the Show", and I can already tell it's going to be awful based only on that amount of information.

lol lol lol 

He also needs to rethink his facial hair.

No doubt. It's embarrassing.
(04-11-2024, 02:08 PM)jeffy Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 02:02 PM)Butcher Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 01:40 PM)jeffy Wrote: I just saw Steele has a new Barstool podcast called "Steele the Show", and I can already tell it's going to be awful based only on that amount of information.

lol lol lol 

He also needs to rethink his facial hair.

No doubt. It's embarrassing.
I recently got into Happ's podcast, and searched out Justin on that a few times, and he's a delight. Fun, supportive, and genuine, seems like a really nice guy. Country boy for sure, but seems like he's not the closed minded type, the opposite really. 

But obviously it sucks it's with Barstool. Happ's is Jomboy, too bad it's not through them.
Steele has always seemed like a good, genuine dude. I've never listened to any of these guys' pods. And, yes -- Barstool sucks.
Cuas heading to Iowa

And are bringing up Keegan Thompson.

He pitched well at times during the 2022 season but had a few shit the bed episodes and didn’t seem to be able to put it together last season. He has an opportunity to shine now so hope he can make the most of it
From MLB.com

“Morel looks like a much more polished hitter in 2024, not only chasing less but also making far more contact on pitches in the strike zone. As a result, his overall whiff rate (20%) and strikeout rate (14%) have both plummeted. Notably, though, the 24-year-old hasn’t had to sacrifice any power in an effort to put more balls in play. His contact-quality metrics -- including a 50% hard-hit rate and 15% barrel rate -- are right around last year’s figures. While Morel’s long-term defensive home remains in question, he could be on the verge of a huge season at the plate.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/hot-hitters-ear...icle-share
Seiya to the IL.

Damn it.
Correction. Canario getting called up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-15-2024, 06:46 PM)jeffy Wrote: Seiya to the IL.

Damn it.

Not the news I wanted to hear.
Bad timing with the trip out west. I haven't read any assessment of how bad it is. I suppose it's always multiple weeks, but hopefully they at least say it's not as bad as the one last season.
Had to post this is amazing cc Butch

https://x.com/southsidezo/status/1780208...88283?s=10

Hahaha pretty clever.
Lol hell yeah.
Jefferson Rojas just cracked the BA top 100, 18 years old…feels like our next big prospect

Merryweather moved to 60 day IL
(04-17-2024, 04:31 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: Merryweather moved to 60 day IL

Brutal.