Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
I’m lucky enough to have visited far too many ballparks. In the NL Central, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are nice ballparks. Used to go to Brewers often which is meh but was quasi-engaged to a girl there decades ago so I stay away.
My folks are visiting out here in Oregon for the first time in 5 years. We always watch games together so I'm glad they finally got a W today after the last couple depressing efforts. My old man has Parkinson's now so it's nice to be able to kick back & watch a game with him while forgetting about everything else for awhile.
Enjoy time with your parents

Hope the Cubs can provide some entertainment and win to meatball the brewer’s series
(05-05-2024, 08:44 AM)1060Ivy Wrote: Enjoy time with your parents

Hope the Cubs can provide some entertainment and win to meatball the brewer’s series

lol

You mean Meatloaf, right? lol
I enjoy meat in all its various forms.

Thank you, Ivy.
lol
Cubs are batting 145 with runners in scoring position over their last 10 games. Ugly but still 4-6 in those games.

Don’t want to rush either Cody or Seiya back but damn the offense needs them to return and producing in a hurry
(Yesterday, 09:52 AM)1060Ivy Wrote: Cubs are batting 145 with runners in scoring position over their last 10 games.  Ugly but still 4-6 in those games. 

Don’t want to rush either Cody or Seiya back but damn the offense needs them to return and producing in a hurry

I want to rush them back. Every time I see Happ hitting 3rd, I want them back yesterday.
Cody’s back
Hallelujah.
It's been a mostly entertaining season so far, but I don't find myself all that emotionally invested. It's kind of nice to not live and die with every pitch. We'll see how long this lasts.
(3 hours ago)rok Wrote: It's been a mostly entertaining season so far, but I don't find myself all that emotionally invested. It's kind of nice to not live and die with every pitch. We'll see how long this lasts.

It's a healthier approach, that's for sure. In spite of my efforts to stay a little more detached, I've found myself fully checked-in this season.