Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
IWell the season begins 

My expectations are low - 500 at best - but Wrigley is beckoning and I hear the beer is cold regardless of Cubs lack of scoring 

Go Cubs!
Joe Girardi is going to put me on suicide watch if I have to listen to him all year.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Joey was a buddy decades ago - and I understand
And now we have to wait 48 hours for game 2 of the season. So dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thinking that if the Cubs win more than the projections say they will, (which I kind of think they will) what they did in game 1 will be a way they do it. I missed the game while traveling, but from what I've seen in the highlights and read, it seemed to go according to script.
The defensive replacement can’t make bad plays on fly ball with men on base in late innings. Guessing that a trip to Iowa is coming sooner than expected
Morel and Suzuki need to be added back to the big league roster soon and Madrigal and these random RFs need to go away forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ian Happ....striking out.
Why can't Marquee just let Sciambi and JD be?

I don't fucking get it. They fucking suck.
Cubs played some good baseball through majority of Brewers series but roster isn’t strong enough to allow mistakes. Like most teams, the Cub roster can’t give extra outs to the Brewers.

Cubs took on the Brewer 2 top starters and scored more runs than expected from them - 5 runs over about 11 innings and Cub starters gave up 0 runs over 12 innings in first two games.

Will be interesting to see how both the veteran laden Cub and younger Brewer rosters react as season unfolds.
It's extremely early -- way too early to say this. But...it's possible this team sucks.
Way too early, but most likely a correct assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least Dansby is entertaining.
OMG, it happened. Mastrobuoni actually got a hit and drove in a run.
(04-03-2023, 11:06 PM)Butcher Wrote: It's extremely early -- way too early to say this. But...it's possible this team sucks.
lol i was going to make this same post.