Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
This team has gone 6-12 during this push for a playoff spot. That includes the sweep of the Rockies.
Still prefer the Cubs make the playoffs than not but expectations for them in playoffs are nil. My expectations for the team have been surpassed despite the last couple weeks performances.

If the bullpen remained healthy, they would likely both make playoffs and be a threat but those days are gone. They had to - and did - overuse the bullpen and it cracked.
Ending the season with a whimper.
A lot of people saying this season has surpassed their expectations. Really? I predicted around .500, give or take a few wins. Looks like that’s exactly what we’re going to get. Given they had a 90% chance of getting a playoff spot not too long ago, I don’t see how this can’t be viewed as a huge disappointment.

Ross better be gone.
Butchie, I think those people are probably thinking of the hot streak in July/August when they were indeed performing above expectations, but it just wasn't sustainable, especially with only a minor addition to the pen at the deadline (and that isn't hindsight since we knew Cuas was nothing special and had control issues before he ever got here, so not sure what the hell Jed was thinking there).

And as far Ross...damn straight.