Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
Someone do a wellness check on Rok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God help me when I defend Ross, but people are actually blaming him for taking out PCA and saying he would have caught that? Seriously?

People = Ace. Yep. So dumb.
Do we hate Ace now? But I love Ace Sad
(09-26-2023, 10:14 PM)Butcher Wrote: That...feels like the season.

Doesn’t feel like the season but does feel like continuation of last couple weeks so … the ending of playoff hopes continues
Ross made some dumb moves today. Bringing in a defensive replacement who can’t hit in the 4th? Having Mastrobuoni bunt after going 3-3 at the plate? That was Suzuki’s ball. PCA wouldn’t have caught that because it was routine and Suzuki was right under it.

All of that said, it’s pretty hard to win games when there isn’t a single guy in the bullpen you can trust. And that’s the unfortunate situation we’re in right now.
It's not just him and i dont hate him, but that's pretty silly. It is what it is, but Seiya absolutely should have caught that.
(09-26-2023, 11:01 PM)Butcher Wrote: Ross made some dumb moves today. Bringing in a defensive replacement who can’t hit in the 4th? Having Mastrobuoni bunt after going 3-3 at the plate? That was Suzuki’s ball. PCA wouldn’t have caught that because it was routine and Suzuki was right under it.

All of that said, it’s pretty hard to win games when there isn’t a single guy in the bullpen you can trust. And that’s the unfortunate situation we’re in right now.
He literally waved him off. He wouldn't have waved PCA off?

Agreed, beyond the bone head play how many wild pitches did Smyly throw that inning to get to that point? It's a fun run for a team that wasn't expected to do much, unfortunate its likely over but the Braves were going to be tough to beat no matter what.
Here’s another true statement. PCA isn’t close to major league ready right now.

He’s fast but he’s a bad baserunner. He’s terrible at the plate. He shouldn’t really be on a major league roster unless it’s for a team that was already eliminated and had nothing to play for.

This is a tough loss. Up 6-0 with your best starter on the mound? That should be a win. But this team has been making stupid mistakes for the last couple of weeks. And, again, the bullpen is bad. It’s hard to win games with a bullpen that can’t be trusted.
I've never seen anything like that in my life. Pretty sure that's the worst play I've ever seen in my life.

So Chicago is going to hate Suzuki now? Holy fuck, how in the fucking hell can he miss a ball that badly in that situation? How in the fuck?

I'm at a complete loss.
If they hadn't blown the 6 run lead then we wouldn't even be talking about this. I don't blame or hate Suzuki. If we miss the postseason, it's on Ross more than anyone, and not because he didn't have PCA in (I agree with funk that Seiya would've waved him off too so it wouldn't have made a difference). He's just been a shitty manager all year, and even when we had that insane winstreak, it still felt like we were winning despite his dumbass decisions. Every single game we've played this year matters now, and when you look at all the close games we lost over the course of the season (and there have been a shitload of close losses), there's no doubt in my mind that at least a couple of those should've been wins, and that we would be coasting into the postseason with a more competent manager.

But yeah, even so, this bullpen is far from playoff caliber. I'm honestly surprised it's held up this much.

Playing the Braves feels like playing against Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. We would need a cheat code to get anywhere in the playoffs.
(09-26-2023, 10:20 PM)funkster Wrote: Someone do a wellness check on Rok.

I’m vacationing in Greece right now with my GF. The Cubs aren’t even in the top 10 of things I’m thinking about.

(09-27-2023, 06:35 AM)rok Wrote:

I’m vacationing in Greece right now with my GF. The Cubs aren’t even in the top 10 of things I’m thinking about.

Hell yeah! Enjoy and safe travels, man.
(09-27-2023, 06:35 AM)rok Wrote:

lol absolutely

Good for you, man. That’s awesome.