Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
Cubs Win!

Cubs Win!

Nico with a walk off in extras
I thought for sure they’d fuck that up. Nice work, Nico.
Same here...but fuck yeah, that felt wonderful.
Turned the game off tonight when they went down 7-0 in the 2nd.

Just saw Cubs took the lead in the 3rd.

FML for missing it, but hot damn.
Wild game. Huge first start for Velasquez
Almost(!) turned it off too. Can we just dump Madrigal and keep Nelson already? We have a shortage of outfielders, and Madrigal sucks at everything.
Dansby with side tightness, that doesnt sound good.
Hope it isn’t another oblique injury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice win and for those touting Wesneski as the next Cubs ace during Spring Traininf can check themselves

Hope Swanson is OK

Guessing that Velasquez really, really doesn’t like Iowa
During the postgame Ross said it’s most likely cramps. Swanson’s wife had surgery today and Dansby wasn’t taking care of himself while at the hospital. They’re going to try some fluids tonight, and reevaluate tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good news.
(04-11-2023, 10:06 PM)rok Wrote: Almost(!) turned it off too. Can we just dump Madrigal and keep Nelson already? We have a shortage of outfielders, and Madrigal sucks at everything.

Mark me down for dumping Madrigal.
(04-11-2023, 10:48 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: Nice win and for those touting Wesneski as the next Cubs ace during Spring Traininf can check themselves

Hope Swanson is OK

I'll give Wesnewski another start or two before writing him off. His slider is so good and he was really good down the stretch last year.
(04-12-2023, 11:06 AM)Butcher Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 10:48 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: Nice win and for those touting Wesneski as the next Cubs ace during Spring Traininf can check themselves

Hope Swanson is OK

I'll give Wesnewski another start or two before writing him off. His slider is so good and he was really good down the stretch last year.

Not writing him off but expectation’s need to be leveled as young potential #4/5 starter not a potential ace at least for now.
(04-12-2023, 11:37 AM)1060Ivy Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 11:06 AM)Butcher Wrote:

Hope Swanson is OK

Not writing him off but expectation’s need to be leveled as young potential #4/5 starter not a potential ace at least for now.

Agreed. I don't see him as an ace (although I'm pretty high on Steele), but I think every Cubs fan would be pretty happy with Wesnewski as a solid 4/5. The hype out of Spring Training was a little bit silly.