Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
Did the Dodgers fix Hewyard? For fucks sake. His swing looks completely transformed. It took them one spring training to do what we couldn't do in 8 years.
10 plate appearances, 3 hits, 2 HR and 4 RBI. Last season he had 1 HR and 10 RBI. And the Cubs are paying his salary. I like him and don't want to root against him, but wtf?

Also, Ross not pulling Smyly the other day with a 2 run lead is still pissing me off. He was getting hit, hitting batters and we were gifted a 2 run lead. It was like Ross wanted him to somehow qualify for the win or something? Did not follow that at all.
Ross has made some head-scratching decisions managing the bullpen as well. Hard to believe he was a catcher sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heyward will likely cool off/get injured soon enough. The guy puts in the work and plays. He no longer has a role - even as a veteran on the bench - with Cubs so pleased that he’s putting up numbers now.

Agree that Ross has made interesting decisions this season but new season, new bodies in bullpen, a couple new starters, etc. If it’s still an issue in a month then I’ll go to Wrigley and burn him in effigy. You know just a rational display of a fan’s displeasure.
I'm happy for Jason, but I have little doubt that Dansby and his oaken cock will carry us into the promised land.
(04-06-2023, 08:20 PM)jeffy Wrote: I'm happy for Jason, but I have little doubt that Dansby and his oaken cock will carry us into the promised land.

Oaken cock? lol lol lol
Nice win today, makes me feel better about that loss to the Reds. (Is it sad that I'm thinking Cubs should be 4-2 right now and I can't let it go? Yes. Yes it is.)
Stroman should fetch some nice prospects at the trade deadline.
It appears the BN insinuation that the braves knew something cubs didn’t about Swanson was unsurprisingly ridiculous.

Was that a thing? Yeah he’s started hot. Hopefully we’ll see some power from him soon…
(04-08-2023, 10:10 PM)Butcher Wrote: Was that a thing? Yeah he’s started hot. Hopefully we’ll see some power from him soon…
I posted about it at the end of spring training, one of them made a post saying that Swanson's numbers in ST were so bad that you had to wonder if the braves knew something and thats why they didnt try hard to retain him. Just clickbait nonsense.
So, is anyone worried that Taillon is damaged goods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not certain about Taillon being damaged goods but he’s not looking like a #2 starter that I was expecting at signing.

No clue if my expectations are off, he’s having issues making transition from AL/Yankees to NL/Cubs, or there’s an even bigger issue
Perhaps Mastrobuoni isn’t a right-fielder? Why does Ross keep starting him out there? Otherwise good game so far.

Let’s walk it off here.