Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cub Game Comments
I like this team (sans Mancini and Madrigal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time to bring up Morel and/or Mervis and ditch Mancini and Hosmer. I'm also perfectly fine getting rid of Madrigal.
We’re probably stuck with Mancini for another season, but both Madrigal and Hosmer can go away forever.

Liked the 8th inning last night when bats finally seemed to arrive. Great job by Stroman and the bullpen.

Great to win games that Cubs are supposed to be able to win - and a few that they weren’t.

The A’s simply suck. Good teams need to be able beat bad teams consistently then play around 500 ball against everyone else to get into playoffs. Cubs may not be a good team - due to lack of offense - but enjoying this West Coast trip so far. Cubs are 7-3 over last 10 games.

Cub starters have put together 8 quality starts in first 16 games. It took 48 games last season for Cub starters to accumulate 8 quality starts. Thank you Athletic’s Sharma for that tidbit.

https://theathletic.com/mlb/game/chicago...iSK0xcSYP/

Go Cubs!
I think there's a chance this team is ok. Not sure if the Cardinals starting pitching will continue to be awful, but it'll be good if they continue to suck. Think its a bit soon to write off Mancini already, Hosmer i thought was cooked from the start. Looking forward to see if Mervis is more than a AAAA player.

Side note for anyone that remembers Destined, but looks like his mom passed away if anyone wants to reach out to him.
I think that if Bellinger has really figured things out that changes everything. No clue if Wisdom will still be competing for the HR title by mid-season, but if you look at all of our position players and platoons aside from 1B and C they are all league average or above. Upgrade at 1B (Mervis?) and suddenly this team could turn out to be a solid offensive club.

(04-19-2023, 08:16 AM)funkster Wrote: I think there's a chance this team is ok.  Not sure if the Cardinals starting pitching will continue to be awful, but it'll be good if they continue to suck.  Think its a bit soon to write off Mancini already, Hosmer i thought was cooked from the start.  Looking forward to see if Mervis is more than a AAAA player.

Side note for anyone that remembers Destined, but looks like his mom passed away if anyone wants to reach out to him.

I wonder if switching from Molina to Contreras has had a marked effect on their pitching staff.
Beating up on the bad teams.
If we can manage to play ~.500 ball against the Dodgers and Padres at home now, things get a bit easier afterward. April could turn out to be a really nice month on which to build this team’s confidence.

The A's are on pace to go 30-132. lol
Ouch.

Man, I didn't want that series to end, although I have heard enough plastic horn for one lifetime.
Is Bellinger back?
I will never get used to Mark Prior being a pitching coach for the Dodgers.
That was such an incredibly dumb loss.
(04-20-2023, 10:00 PM)funkster Wrote: I will never get used to Mark Prior being a pitching coach for the Dodgers.

It's weird, for sure.