Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Folks and Guests... Please Read
Welcome aboard, Chief!
Welcome Chief, explore the space.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Hey now! Not THERE.
We need a Chief. Now I can say "Hey, Chief..."

Are you like the guy from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
"You're talking pre-Sutter, of course. And welcome."

Thanks. The Cubs didn't have any late inning pitching even remotely close to Sutter when I began following them.

Years later when WGN started showing them and Sandberg and Co. showed up, people here in Indy started suddenly becoming Cubs fans in droves. I was a bit stunned and would question some of the folks my age, because I knew they weren't Cubs fans prior to that.

Man, I barely even remember One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, so I hope I'm not like that guy!
"Years later when WGN started showing them.."

Ah, I think you mean when WGN became a superstation. Before that...some of us had to hurry back to school from lunch before Bozo was over...and Jack Brickhouse came on and we were in BIG trouble...

Welcome!
Yes, that's what I meant, as cable tv did not exist down here and all I received were radio telecasts and the Saturday game of the week on network now and then. I still remember being so p.o.d getting to watch then on a Saturday game of the week where they lost to the Dodgers (who should still be in Brooklyn....) at Wrigley.
Hello everyone!

I'm a Cubs fan from London in the UK. My dad is from the Midwest and it's one of the few good things I've inherited from him!

Have been following baseball for the past 10 years or so (I'm in my twenties) but that's mainly been limited to one or two games a week on a small-time television station in the UK, even though they had a very good show (which got cancelled two years ago, sadly).

So last year I decided to purchase MLB.tv and catch as many games as I could. Most start at midnight local time so I can't watch em all (at least until the later innings) and tend to fall asleep with Pat Hughes and Ron Santo chirping away in my ear.

Unfortunately, the Cubs have a terrible record whenever I watch/listen to entire games. Last year the team was 15-36 (I started counting when the team lost the opening three straight that I was able to watch) and are 0-2 to open this year! I genuinely feel like I'm not helping things (and am actually considering switching off right at this moment!)!

For some reason yesterday, I decided to look over the internet for fan clubs and forums and this was the place that seemed the friendliest with the best setup so here I am!

For the first time I avidly followed Spring Training (thank you MLB for their iPhone app!) so am naturally excited about what the Cubs can do without injuries, how good Colvin can be and want Randy Wells to get some run support this year, but at the same time I'm concerned about Soriano, Soto and presently the relief pitching.

This August I'm planning a trip to Chicago with a friend of mine (who sadly is a Yankees fan) so will hopefully be making my first visit to Wrigley. I have lots of family across the States and will be hopping over from Denver (where I'll see the team play the Rockies) and frankly cannot wait. I lived in Phoenix for a year as a kid, but have never seen the Cubs play live as I've spent my life in rainy old England!

Not sure how active I'll be in terms of posting (but I will definitely be reading) as I don't like to talk too much about stuff I don't know about - you guys are obviously far more knowledgeable about the game, the league, the players and well everything baseball!

Maybe I should keep posting, the Cubs have managed to put a run on the board while I was typing!

All the best and Go Cubs Go!
Great first post. Welcome aboard, Count.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
That's an AWESOME first post, Count...a great welcome aboard to you!
Welcome!
Welcome aboard. Post as often as you like, my friend.
Count gives us just that much more diversity here. By my count, we still have one Kiwi and one Aussie to go with your Britt. If Nexus and Kessinger still visit ever, we'd have a Puerto Rican and Indonesian too.
What the fuck is this, the goddam U.N.?
Thanks for the welcome guys [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]