Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Folks and Guests... Please Read
Quote:Why would the Yankees commission an Ortiz retirement painting?
A sense of relief?
I still like my painting better.

[Image: 35a2528.png]

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I think Arrieta ruins the mood on that a bit.

Such beautiful handwriting.
Signature.
This was a long time ago.

Edit: oh shit I didn't realize this was a running thread
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Hello to the board. I have been a Cubs fan since 1973, having just moved to the northwest suburbs and quickly love watching the Cubs on WGN (what a great way to entertain an 8 year old during summer afternoons). 1973 was the year I began following MLB because where I lived had one team, the Cubs. I was never sure who this other Chicago team was, even today.

I can't recall how many times I heard Jack Brickhouse and Sweet Lou Boudreau working a game and Jack's famous "Hey Hey!"  I loved long rain delays on TV as WGN would broadcast MLB films. I learned much of the game's history with these rain delay movies. I remember trips to Wrigley Field, starting in 1975 when I first went with friends of my Dad's and sitting about 12 rows behind the Cubs dugout for a Cubs/Cardinals game. Yes, a fight occurred and I was definitely hooked. I remember many school end of year trips or little league end of season trips. The Cubs and Wrigley Field filled my youth with many great memories. Add the decade of the '80s, Harry Carey and the magical season of 1984. My buddy Jeff and I caught a game at Wrigley Field in September against the Mets. Last game of a 3 game series on a Sunday and the Cubs won, on Marathon Gas Scarf day. Magic number down to 5 and I still have the scarf today. Add the decades of the 90s and 2000s and the Cubs and Wrigley Field continue to add memories, including the two games I saw at Wrigley Field last year and of course the World Series win. As I suspect nearly every member of this forum, I love the Cubs and they bring me great joy. Thanks for adding me to the membership. Go Cubs Go!

Best regards to all!

RD

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here, RD.

Eight years old in 1973? Hokey smoke, we have a rocking-chair partner for Straw!

(I was a mere babe of one then, so . . .)

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote:I still like my painting better.

[Image: 35a2528.png]

I'm so glad someone posted in this thread, as it meant I would see this again.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote:Eight years old in 1973? Hokey smoke, we have a rocking-chair partner for Straw!

Lol, another Grandpa. I guess I'm Grandpa RD! ?
get off my lawn

Welcome to the board sir. Explore the space.
Brickhouse must have been great.  Everyone seemed to love the guy.
Quote:get off my lawn

I'll bring the Backgammon board and Geritol ! ?
Quote:Eight years old in 1973? Hokey smoke, we have a rocking-chair partner for Straw!

A veritable spring chicken! lol I was in grad school in 1984.  I did enter college when I was 5. hoho...

For the record, I do sit in a rocking chair but only because I like them and I've been doing so since i was a child.