Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Folks and Guests... Please Read
<!--quoteo(post=18634:date=Feb 18 2009, 02:23 AM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Feb 18 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->XcubsX is here my friend...or at least he was...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
More power to him!
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=18673:date=Feb 18 2009, 08:01 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Feb 18 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18654:date=Feb 18 2009, 08:17 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Feb 18 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->he said "harry carry." it's time for him to go.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, shame on me. I misspelled his name, putting a second "r" intead of the second "a". Of course I meant Haray Carry.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

done.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=18673:date=Feb 18 2009, 09:01 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Feb 18 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=18654:date=Feb 18 2009, 08:17 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Feb 18 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->he said "harry carry." it's time for him to go.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, shame on me. I misspelled his name, putting a second "r" intead of the second "a". Of course I meant Haray Carry.

Dang. That's some funny shit, I must admit.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
new face here...been lurking for a week or so as a guest, seems there is a very reasonable amount of intelligent posters here, so I dediced to join.

thing is, I'm.......a Cardinals fan. I'm not the trolling, obnoxious sort, I just like to see other fanbases' perspectives, and who better than that of a fierce, fierce division rival? Walking into the lion's den? Yes. But I think at the very least it'll be amusing for me and for you guys too.

And I am well used to taking shit, so I have no qualms about any insults (faggot, asshole, etc.) thrown my way...understandable. To be honest, I will be more of the lurking sort on here, so no worries. Here's to some constructive baseball conversation, fellas.
[Image: pitch_20around_20pujols_small1.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=52100:date=Jul 26 2009, 02:37 AM:name=Beams)-->QUOTE (Beams @ Jul 26 2009, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->new face here...been lurking for a week or so as a guest, seems there is a very reasonable amount of intelligent posters here, so I dediced to join.

thing is, I'm.......a Cardinals fan. I'm not the trolling, obnoxious sort, I just like to see other fanbases' perspectives, and who better than that of a fierce, fierce division rival? Walking into the lion's den? Yes. But I think at the very least it'll be amusing for me and for you guys too.

And I am well used to taking shit, so I have no qualms about any insults (faggot, asshole, etc.) thrown my way...understandable. To be honest, I will be more of the lurking sort on here, so no worries. Here's to some constructive baseball conversation, fellas.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know about the other guys....But I've got my eye on you, faggot asshole. Just Kidding man...or am I?
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=52101:date=Jul 26 2009, 02:52 AM:name=Ronsantorocks)-->QUOTE (Ronsantorocks @ Jul 26 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know about the other guys....But I've got my eye on you, faggot asshole. Just Kidding man...or am I?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think tomorrow will be a very interesting day to post on here...
<!--quoteo(post=52100:date=Jul 26 2009, 03:37 AM:name=Beams)-->QUOTE (Beams @ Jul 26 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->new face here...been lurking for a week or so as a guest, seems there is a very reasonable amount of intelligent posters here, so I dediced to join.

And I am well used to taking shit, so I have no qualms about any insults (faggot, asshole, etc.) thrown my way...understandable. To be honest, I will be more of the lurking sort on here, so no worries. Here's to some constructive baseball conversation, fellas.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welcome. If you're not a douche (which it doesn't look like you are), you'll fit in fine even if you're a Cardinals fan.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Just understand that Cubs fans hate the Sox and Brewers just as much as the Cardinals. We aren't fixated on the Cards like you guys are on the Cubs. You'll never hear a "Cards suck" chant in the middle of a game between the Cubs and another random team. And we aren't very civil here. Many of us are unreasonable. If you understand that you'll fit in here a lot more.
Sons of Pujols?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=52125:date=Jul 26 2009, 01:05 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 26 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just understand that Cubs fans hate the Sox and Brewers just as much as the Cardinals. We aren't fixated on the Cards like you guys are on the Cubs. You'll never hear a "Cards suck" chant in the middle of a game between the Cubs and another random team. And we aren't very civil here. Many of us are unreasonable. If you understand that you'll fit in here a lot more.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

nah, in fact, I always subtly got the idea that Cubs fans hate Sox fans a little more, but as is the case with any fierce division foe, the ice is a little thinner where I'm walking as opposed to if I was another Cubs fan.
<!--quoteo(post=52104:date=Jul 26 2009, 03:23 AM:name=Beams)-->QUOTE (Beams @ Jul 26 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think tomorrow will be a very interesting day to post on here...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, today is a great day [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=52155:date=Jul 26 2009, 04:20 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jul 26 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52104:date=Jul 26 2009, 03:23 AM:name=Beams)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beams @ Jul 26 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think tomorrow will be a very interesting day to post on here...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, today is a great day [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Hello all. I have been a Cubs fan since the days of Don Kessinger, Jose Cardenal, Jerry Morales, Rick Reuschel, Bill Bonham, Pete LaCock, etc: 1974. I first started following baseball that summer. My mom gave me a transistor radio, and I became a Cubs fan as they were the only team playing on summer afternoons, and I was able to receive their games down here in the Indianapolis area. Back then, Indy was strictly a Reds town, and man, did I hate the Reds!
I can't recall how many times I heard Jack Brickhouse wishing it would rain in the 7th, as the Cubs were leading and could get a win out of it if the game ended. Of course it never did, and they always lost in the last two innings, it seemed.

My favorite Harry Caray moment, and I swear this is true: Sometime in the mid 90's the Cubs were playing a night game; Harry and Steve were talking about yet another time Darryl Strawberry had gotten busted for cocaine. Harry later stopped to give this game update:

"The Philadelphia <b>Pirates</b>.......were trailing Pittsburgh 4 to 0. <b>Darryl</b> Dalton hit a grand slam, they now trail 4 to 1!"

Steve stayed quiet for several moments, then just said "Well, Mark Grace steps up to the plate...."

I seem to be the only one who was watching that night, but that's what Harry said.
Welcome aboard ChiefK. Make yourself at home.
<!--quoteo(post=76784:date=Jan 21 2010, 11:27 AM:name=ChiefKodiak)-->QUOTE (ChiefKodiak @ Jan 21 2010, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I can't recall how many times I heard Jack Brickhouse wishing it would rain in the 7th, as the Cubs were leading and could get a win out of it if the game ended. Of course it never did, and they always lost in the last two innings, it seemed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're talking pre-Sutter, of course.

And welcome.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer