Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z to the Pen
If it isn't a panic move, why not start Z out of the pen to start the season? Seems strange to me.
<!--quoteo(post=91739:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM:name=Vine)-->QUOTE (Vine @ Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If it isn't a panic move, why not start Z out of the pen to start the season? Seems strange to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because Lilly was on the DL.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=91740:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:06 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Apr 21 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91739:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM:name=Vine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vine @ Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If it isn't a panic move, why not start Z out of the pen to start the season? Seems strange to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not claiming it's not a panic move, just that there was no reason to try it before Lilly came off the DL (and Silva and Gorzelany pitched well).
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=91741:date=Apr 21 2010, 03:07 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Apr 21 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91740:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:06 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Apr 21 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91739:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM:name=Vine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vine @ Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If it isn't a panic move, why not start Z out of the pen to start the season? Seems strange to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not claiming it's not a panic move, just that there was no reason to try it before Lilly came off the DL (and Silva and Gorzelany pitched well).
If they're sold on Silva and Gorzelanny already, that's a serious problem in itself.
@TheBlogfines
Wittenmyer's Twitter: <!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Z says wants to help team but calls move temporary. 'Like Schwarzngr say, I will be back.'<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
Let's move Murton to 2nd.

In all honesty, this is a dumb fucking idea. Bring up Cashner and move Gorz to the pen. If the offense hadn't been struggling for 2 weeks (1/12 of the season) the pen would be less of a concern, although still a concern. This is knee-jerk and crazy. I wonder if Lou's been chattin with LaRussa lately?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
This is just terrible. This may be the worst move I have ever heard of. Z has been pretty good this season except for the first start......If anyone should be going to the pen, it's Gorzellany or Silva....why would you put one of your 2 or 3 best pitchers in relief...especially a guy with enough good pitches to face a lineup multiple times. Also, like Destined said, Z tends to struggle the most in the first inning. I really really hate this reactionary bullshit. Yes, the pen has not been good, but frankly, the offense is the far bigger concern, and the pen is something that should get sorted out/improve when Lilly is back and as the season goes on and the roles are figured out. You can't fuck with stuff so much so quickly, it's just dumb...it's like Lou is a pissed off fan, as opposed to the manager. Just put the best lineup, and starters out there that is possible, and hope it works out in the long run, rather than switching everything up. This is like putting vagisil on an itchy scrotum and expecting relief.
<!--quoteo(post=91726:date=Apr 21 2010, 01:59 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 21 2010, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91720:date=Apr 21 2010, 03:56 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 21 2010, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91712:date=Apr 21 2010, 03:54 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 21 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lou says this may not be a temporary thing<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lou says 'fucking magnets. how do they work?'
Request: Photoshop of Lou wearing juggalo paint.
[Image: juggalopaintlou.jpg]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
The only possible silver lining I see- with Z being a righty, they can still send Shark down.
<!--quoteo(post=91746:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:13 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Apr 21 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is like putting vagisil on an itchy scrotum and expecting relief.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, that actually works.
<!--quoteo(post=91750:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:16 PM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Apr 21 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91746:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:13 PM:name=dk123)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dk123 @ Apr 21 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is like putting vagisil on an itchy scrotum and expecting relief.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, that actually works.
Goddamn it. Go lick an anus!
Does anyone remember when Billy Martin put Dave Righetti in the pen...when Righetti was a top starter?

Lou was with the Yankees then...smacks of the same thing.

I hate the move...unless it works.

The 7th and 8th are an infernal mess right now.

Just asking...do you like it, if it works?
<!--quoteo(post=91754:date=Apr 21 2010, 04:20 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Apr 21 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does anyone remember when Billy Martin put Dave Righetti in the pen...when Righetti was a top starter?

Lou was with the Yankees then...smacks of the same thing.

I hate the move...unless it works.

The 7th and 8th are an infernal mess right now.

Just asking...do you like it, if it works?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I love it if it works.

It won't fucking work.
I cannot believe I follow this team. What a bunch of clowns. Seriously.
I think it buys them time to pull the bullpen together...

I think it gives us the possibility of locking down the 7th and 8th, and with Marmol...turning it into a six-inning game.

I don't think it's long-term.

Still feels like shit.