Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soto
Soto's swinging at 59% of the pitches he sees in the zone this year. 46% of the pitches he sees are in the zone.

Soriano's swinging at 67% of the pitches in the zone. 41% of what he sees are in the zone.

Byrd is swing 70% in the zone. 52% of what he sees is in the zone.

No idea what to make of these numbers and I'm not going through the entire team. They're on fangraphs.
<!--quoteo(post=98472:date=May 26 2010, 07:46 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ May 26 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Soto's swinging at 59% of the pitches he sees in the zone this year. 46% of the pitches he sees are in the zone.

Soriano's swinging at 67% of the pitches in the zone. 41% of what he sees are in the zone.

Byrd is swing 70% in the zone. 52% of what he sees is in the zone.

No idea what to make of these numbers and I'm not going through the entire team. They're on fangraphs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It means ruby might be right.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Whatever. Suddenly he takes a couple of called strike threes and I guess he's only trying to reach by BB. That's the only explanation for called strike threes. Sorry to rock the boat on the topic.
<!--quoteo(post=98492:date=May 26 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 26 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Whatever. Suddenly he takes a couple of called strike threes and I guess he's only trying to reach by BB. That's the only explanation for called strike threes. Sorry to rock the boat on the topic.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I never even mentioned a word about taking called 3rd strikes. You're also not rocking the boat, you fell off, I'm throwing you a floatation device.
<!--quoteo(post=98502:date=May 26 2010, 10:18 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 26 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98492:date=May 26 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 26 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Whatever. Suddenly he takes a couple of called strike threes and I guess he's only trying to reach by BB. That's the only explanation for called strike threes. Sorry to rock the boat on the topic.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I never even mentioned a word about taking called 3rd strikes. You're also not rocking the boat, you fell off, I'm throwing you a floatation device.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You mean he can kiss your lily-white seat bottom cushion?
Castro is now 3 for his last 24. I hope this doesn't snowball.
<!--quoteo(post=98717:date=May 27 2010, 04:30 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 27 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Castro is now 3 for his last 24. I hope this doesn't snowball.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Castro has been having pretty good at bats and could have easily had 2 hits today if not for outstanding defense. It's definitely something to watch but he still gets the nod over Theriot.

Are the Cubs still underrated when he bats in the 2 hole?
<!--quoteo(post=98719:date=May 27 2010, 05:57 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ May 27 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98717:date=May 27 2010, 04:30 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ May 27 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Castro is now 3 for his last 24. I hope this doesn't snowball.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Castro has been having pretty good at bats and could have easily had 2 hits today if not for outstanding defense. It's definitely something to watch but he still gets the nod over Theriot.

Are the Cubs still underrated when he bats in the 2 hole?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Underrated, no. Undefeated, yes.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I only posted my comment because Castro is still young and I have no idea how he will react to his sudden lack of success. I know he's had good ABs through this slump, but not having anything to show for it sometimes negatively affects certain players. I'm still hopeful, but who really knows?