Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
I figured the Cubs would make a run at him if it timed up with Ross's contract being up, which it didn't. Ross made some bad in-game decisions, as did Joe particularly during the WS playoff run, as does most everyone, but it felt like both guys were net positives. Counsell just seems to be more of the total package, so I think it's really about him and not about Ross. That said, it did feel like Ross wasn't using some of the guys called up as much as the FO wanted him too, I wonder if that factored in.
(11-08-2023, 12:34 PM)Butcher Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)funkster Wrote: The tantrums coming from Brewer fans alone makes this move worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll admit...I spent some time on Brewers Reddit when this first went down and witnessing the full-scale meltdown from them was pretty entertaining.

I was also shocked by how much they despise the Cubs. I know it's a rivalry, but Jesus.

Of course now 90 percent them are supposedly thrilled he’s gone lol

(11-08-2023, 12:34 PM)Butcher Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)funkster Wrote: The tantrums coming from Brewer fans alone makes this move worth it.

I'll admit...I spent some time on Brewers Reddit when this first went down and witnessing the full-scale meltdown from them was pretty entertaining.

I was also shocked by how much they despise the Cubs. I know it's a rivalry, but Jesus.

I have to say, it’s not that they just despise Cubs fans. Wisconsinites, for the most part, despise everything and everyone out of Illinois. They don’t call us FIBs for nothing.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Probably a dumb question, but what the hell is a FIB?
Based on my understanding of cheesehead vocab - FIB - fuckin’ Illinois bastards

It’s been awhile since I interacted with those types but was almost engaged to one some decades ago
Yup, fucking Illinois bastards.

They can’t stand how much they rely on our tourism dollars. I mean, who the fuck else has a need to go to Wisconsin? Minnesota and Michigan are like, “fuck you guys, we got our own beautiful natural resources” So that leaves Illinois and Iowa and Iowa ain’t putting that kinda money into Wisconsin. They’d probably rather go to Branson anyways.

The point is, we own the state and they’re bitter as fuck about it.

I should point out, I truly love Wisconsin… no bullshit.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
I really like Wisconsin too. Did you know that Chicago was originally supposed to be part of Wisconsin, but the shit-heels down south lobbied to keep it and our access to Lake Michigan? I kind of wish that happened and southern Illinois and Iowa just became one state that derived all their revenues from corn, pumpkins, soybeans and sending shit down the river to St. Louis.

Weird, theyre alway so friendly lol
(11-09-2023, 05:27 PM)rok Wrote: I really like Wisconsin too. Did you know that Chicago was originally supposed to be part of Wisconsin, but the shit-heels down south lobbied to keep it and our access to Lake Michigan? I kind of wish that happened and southern Illinois and Iowa just became one state that derived all their revenues from corn, pumpkins, soybeans and sending shit down the river to St. Louis.

lol
Ehh...fuck Wisconsin.

Although even I will admit that it wouldn't be THAT bad of a place without the people...and the glaciers.
(11-08-2023, 12:33 PM)Butcher Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 04:46 PM)Coach Wrote: If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

Fucking COACH!
That’s what she said
lol
Off topic a bit, but does anyone read fangraphs anymore? Is anyone else seriously put off by the fact that one of their primary writers (Ben Clemens) is a big cardinals fan and spends an inordinate amount of time and columns writing about them and what he would like to see them do? Shouldn’t these guys be more neutral in their writing? He just did his off season Q&A and half of it is taking questions from other STL fans about what they can do in the offseason to get better…

Damn it meant to put this in the 2024 thread and don’t want to retype from my phone..

Moved it for you, funk.

I don't read fangraphs much these days unless it pops up on my news feed, but that sounds horrible.
I look at Fangraphs every so often, but not enough that I would've noticed that.

Now that Twitter is a dumpster fire, most of my baseball reading/browsing happens at The Athletic.