Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
Wow

Didn’t think Ross performed that badly as manager. Yes, he made a number of questionable in game decisions but research states that in game decisions aren’t worth much by manager. Guess that Hoyer decided otherwise.

No clue where or if Ross remains with organization. He seemed to fo a great job keeping clubhouse together and players happy
Whaaaaaaat? Wonder how Rossy is taking this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
I like Ross a lot as a person and as a World Series legend. And I know the players like him a lot. But Counsell is absolutely an upgrade.
(11-06-2023, 02:58 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: research states that in game decisions aren’t worth much by manager.  Guess that Hoyer decided otherwise.

The research I've seen indicates that in-game decisions can rack up a few losses per season, and when you miss the postseason by that amount or less...that's gotta be worth something.
5 years $40 million yet it feels like a bargain.

This is honestly the most shocked I’ve been about a cubs move in years.

And now the question becomes, does this mean we are making a strong push for 2024 and looking at adding top-of-market FAs or are they going to lean on Counsell to turn an average team into a WS contender?

(11-06-2023, 03:19 PM)rok Wrote: And now the question becomes, does this mean we are making a strong push for 2024 and looking at adding top-of-market FAs or are they going to lean on Counsell to turn an average team into a WS contender?

I don’t think there’s any way that it’s the latter. Why make such a huge move to wet fart the off season? Nah they’re going all out.

The tantrums coming from Brewer fans alone makes this move worth it.

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
This was a fucking ruthless move, and I’m all for it.

I agree with Butch, I liked Ross as good guy and all, but I’ve never been sold on him as a manager. I think he’s better suited as bench coach that keeps morale up and guys in line. But I swear the way he kept going with Hosmer until Jed had to DFA his ass to finally get Ross to stop playing him was clear to me he was not the answer for this team.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Holy shit, I had to rub my eyes when I first read this one.

At first I felt dirty because I've always really hated this guy's face.

But he's obviously a great manager and I've got to learn to be less shallow so...
(11-06-2023, 04:46 PM)Coach Wrote: If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

Fucking COACH!
(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)funkster Wrote: The tantrums coming from Brewer fans alone makes this move worth it.

I'll admit...I spent some time on Brewers Reddit when this first went down and witnessing the full-scale meltdown from them was pretty entertaining.

I was also shocked by how much they despise the Cubs. I know it's a rivalry, but Jesus.