Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Team
What’s the point of this?
Guessing backup 1B, primary CF and bounce back candidate. Still seems like a lot for a guy who has blown ass for 2+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh, I think it's a solid signing in a position of need with little to lose.
Bellinger signing demonstrates to any other potential free agent that the Cubs are going to spend money this off-season

I don’t expect his bat will return to pre 2019 levels but it’s a one yr deal and as mentioned he plays solid CF and respectable first. Face it the Cubs weren’t getting much offense from these positions last season.

Guessing that Cody will likely play out similarly to Joc Pederson signing with Cubs - a bit of a yawn
Pretty much, this alone will piss me off, but its a good move if they sign one or two of the big bats.
$17.5M seems like a pretty big price tag for someone who has hit under .200 the last two seasons.
I'm all about this move, as long as it's not our highlight of the off season like it was with Joc (the deja vu vibes there aren't great). But the positives here are that he's still young so there's a decent chance the bat comes back, and he plays a really solid center and can play first as well. He'll do everything he can on a one year deal to rebound, and if doesn't, it's just one year. If he does, the Cubs will have the inside track to sign him, or can give him a qualifying offer if they know he'll walk. If the team stinks and he rebounds a bit, then pull a Joc and trade him to a contender. PCA is likely more than a year away, but you never know, and so if you get a decent year out of Belli and then PCA is ready, it could really work.
The Cubs reinforce their starting rotation with signing free agent Jameson Taillon for 4 years and $68 MM.

4 year deal to pitcher with significant injury history and fly ball tendencies that’s probably a #3 or #4 starter on other rosters. He’s been solid for the Yankees for last couple seasons so hopefully he will continue to be productive for the Cubs.

Guessing that Taillon is Plan B and Cubs are likely out of the running for signing Senga. Sucks but pleased that Cubs are trying to reinforce their starting rotation. Taillon improves the Cubs starting rotation roster.
Why is everyone so focused on money like it's their own? Unless this prevents them from signing other players, who cares?

Because I'm a glutton for pain I decided to check in on the always fun NSBB group, not much has changed theyre still all a bunch of know it all complainers.
Well, once again Heyman blows it and Judge re-signs to the Yankees. I'll take any of the big SS, but I hope this doesnt get the Giants to snatch Correa from us.
Judge turns 31 in April. Man, that’s gonna be a fun contract for the Yankees.
Fuck the Yankees. Love Judge, but no way that contract looks good in 2 years.

Also, Heyman is nothing but a mouthpiece for Boras and a few other big agents trying to inflate the markets of free agents. Never take his rumors seriously.

Sigh...of course Willson is signing with the Cardinals.
(12-07-2022, 12:28 AM)Butcher Wrote: $17.5M seems like a pretty big price tag for someone who has hit under .200 the last two seasons.

Were injuries any part of that or did he just break?
(12-07-2022, 12:44 PM)mrfelina Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 12:28 AM)Butcher Wrote: $17.5M seems like a pretty big price tag for someone who has hit under .200 the last two seasons.

Were injuries any part of that or did he just break?

He just stopped hitting.