Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Team
Since I never know what threads get eyes I already posted in the game day, Canario coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a related note, why are we wasting our time with Shane Greene?

(08-31-2023, 07:27 PM)rok Wrote: On a related note, why are we wasting our time with Shane Greene?

They’re not as of today. Also Luke Little up.

I don’t know why, but I’m still a little salty about those two 9th inning choke jobs in Cinci. I still don’t have too much faith in Ross. He’s just not a good X’s and O’s guy. I say this as they’re leading by 6 late towards their 4th win in a row.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
If we win those two games we have a half game lead in the division right now.
And we also bury the Reds in the process. Agree with Brick on all of the above.

Brick is right on as usual.
I was upset about the two 9th inning losses until the sweep yesterday, now I'm (mostly) over it. It's hard to to sweep a doubleheader and 2 out of 4 on the road against a team fighting for the playoffs is good. I'm choosing to forget the details of the two losses.

Oh, is there any chance Alzolay is hurt? I know he has been taxed, but wondering if there is more to him not pitching the 9th in the second loss in Cincy and not (unless I missed it) warming in the Giants game that was close-ish heading towards the 9th the other day.
According to Passan PCA is getting called up and will be added to the roster Tuesday.

I assume he'll primarily be a defensive replacement and pinch runner. Ross doesn't seem to want to tinker with anything.
Alzolay out with a strained forearm, which is less than ideal when trying to make a playoff push.
But, hey, Fulmer is back!!

Merryweather should take over the closer role.
I think it will be Merryweather, based on his usage lately. Just hope he doesn't wear out as well.
Alozlay provided great stability to bullpen. His moving to closer role coincides with Cubs turnaround. Sucks to be without him but injuries, wearing down are just part of baseball

Fulmer’s return and potentially even Stroman are nice additions to a bullpen that’s been showing it’s usage