Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Team
And Nico should set for life financially while still being able to become a free agent prior to 30.
Happ 3 years 61 million.
(04-12-2023, 01:30 PM)funkster Wrote: Happ 3 years 61 million.

This pleases me.
Not the biggest Happ fan but he’s done a great job of improving his game both offensively and defensively in the last year and half so pleased he’s getting extension that he deserves

Was worried that him being Cubs union rep would get in the way - a rumor that’s out there
It’s quite strange that he would even accept such a short-term deal, but it’s great to keep him around a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's a great signing. He seems to have turned a corner, it's not a long term or overly expensive deal, he gets another shot at free agency, and despite all the outfield talent in the system coming up, you can't bank on any of it.
100% agree with all of that.
From the Sun Times after blurb about how the White Sox suck, the blurb reviews the Cubs …

“.. that’s three series wins in a row for the North Siders. How many more until we can say they’re actually pretty dang not bad at all?”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2...l-cubs-mlb
Sounds like Amaya is on his way to D.C. but just as a precautionary measure in case Gomes ends up on the IL.

I hope Gomes is OK. So far he's made Willson's departure an afterthought. Better with the pitchers and, for now at least, he's actually out hitting him. (I don't expect that to last.) That said, it would be fun to see a couple of Amaya games!
Just saw they called him up. Will be interesting to see how he settles in.
While we scuffle against terrible teams and call up our top prospects way too late, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee and St Louis have lost 4, 4 and 6 games in a row respectively.

Willy, good lord dude. I know he had a terrible 48 hours and he's an emotional guy, but that was a weird decision out there to act that way. Is he a WWE character who turned full heel or something? The Cards just humiliated you, not the Cubs and their fans, who couldn't stop giving you standing O's last season in fear you'd be traded. Flushing away a chance to be Cubs royalty post his playing career, hours after the team that signed him made it clear they'd like to flush his contract just a month into a 5 year deal...? Not sure what else to say other than weird decision, I guess.
I'm not sure Willy thinks through his decisions in advance.
All I'm going to say is that if we don't win tonight, it's highly likely we get swept (Montgomery tomorrow). If Willson turns out to be the catalyst for the Cards' season turnaround then fuck me to hell.