Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Team
I’m posting here. Verlander back to Houston for their top two prospects feels like a fleecing to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then again, isn't Houston's farm system a little thin these days?

(08-01-2023, 03:45 PM)rok Wrote: Then again, isn't Houston's farm system a little thin these days?

Yeah but Clifford is a stud

I suppose you have to give up something of value to get value in return, but it does seem like a lot for a 40-year old on a pricey 1.5 year contract. I'm less surprised by the return than the fact that it's Houston going for it.

Mets are likely paying big portion of Verlander’s contract and restocking their minor league with a couple prospects at least one is a Top 100 MLB prospect

Mets are simply injecting prospects into Mets minors using assets in hand - Verlander and cash for portion of remaining contract.
So that's all she wrote for our deadline deals? Bummer.

Stroman to the IL. I had a feeling this was coming.
I hope he's ok, but better to work things out on the IL than to put up so many non-competitive innings and overwork the bullpen.

Suzuki is a professional who works tirelessly but having him and Happ for corner outfielders drastically Cubs power numbers.

Tauchman appears to provide a better option currently. Not certain what Cubs will do going forward bye seems that Ross is already determined that Suzuki needs to sit. Just 3 more years of expecting Suzuki to be a star and getting tepid production.

Hoping he turns it around but after Fukudome and Heyward experiences, I’m not expecting it

Too lazy to look up Cubs record / offensive production without Suzuki in lineup but guessing it’s likely better

https://chicago.suntimes.com/cubs/2023/8...nst-braves
So no one cares that Wicks is starting tonight?

I care.
What a game for Wicks. The Cubs have been a blast the last month. Hyped for this series starting tonight, just wish the Brewers weren't so dang hot.
We’re going to cool them off. Book it.
Just want to say fuck Ryan Braun and Josh Hader forever. I need a new source of hatred on the Brewers.
Fuck yes Brock! Yellich still has a very punchable face. I'm also quite certain that we will grow to despise Contreras Jr.