Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soi keeper fantasy football
I'd much prefer to do a keeper league, especially since I've spent about 10 hours doing rankings for them the last couple weeks.

1. Keeper and money= I'm definitely in.
2. Keeper= probably in.
3. Money= probably in.
4. Standard and no money= see ya.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=50910:date=Jul 20 2009, 09:09 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 20 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1. Keeper and money= I'm definitely in.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that's pretty much me. i'm cool if you guys decide to do otherwise, but that's what i signed up for
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Yeah I want keeper and money.
<!--quoteo(post=50926:date=Jul 20 2009, 11:52 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jul 20 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah I want keeper and money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
yes
none of the 10 owners have said no to keeper/money and i don't think anyone disputed bt's rules either so, cool, done. next we need to figure out lineups and entry fee, i guess. the suggestions i've heard are between $25 and $50, how about $35 for the first season? we could raise it as we go if we want. it would be $300 for the winner and $50 for the runner up. just a suggestion.

have we settled on
qb
rb
rb
wr
wr
wr
te
k
def
?
plus we need to settle on a scoring system, my league just does 1 point for every 50 yards passing w/ 2 pt bonuses at 300 and 400. 6 pts for tds. 1 pt for every 25 yards rushing/receiving and 6 pts for tds. 1 for pats 3 for fgs. def gets 2 for fumbles, picks, safeties, 1 for sacks, 3 for shutouts and 6 for def/st tds

just a suggestion to keep the ball rolling. lets get some input
just got back from out of town. no thoughts on this?
I think what you need Liner is for someone to step up and commish this thing. If this league is going to take off you'd need someone to make decisions, set up the league, and say this is what's happening, join if you want. The money could be done by Paypal. Unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with it as I am the Commish of an auction league that takes a load of time.
Oh, and my two cents regarding scoring would be the following.

1 point for 10 reception/rushng yds.
1 point for 20 passing yds.
4 points for passing TD
6 points for rec/rush TD
No bonuses
tiered points for FG - 3 points for
30-39, 4 points for 40-49, 5 points for 50+
i'm cool with that, anyone else? anyone want to commish, or maybe 2 guys?
I think 6 points for a passing TD is the way to go. 4 points undervalues QBs vis-a-vis RBs & WRs. Yes, it might make the QB the single most important person on a team, but you end up with every team having 2 #1 RBs & 2 #1 WRs & a #2 WR (and a few teams with 3 #1 WRs). So the RBs and WRs get overvalued in comparison to the single #1 QB and, on top of that, you limit the QB's points?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=52271:date=Jul 27 2009, 01:19 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 27 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think 6 points for a passing TD is the way to go. 4 points undervalues QBs vis-a-vis RBs & WRs. Yes, it might make the QB the single most important person on a team, but you end up with every team having 2 #1 RBs & 2 #1 WRs & a #2 WR (and a few teams with 3 #1 WRs). So the RBs and WRs get overvalued in comparison to the single #1 QB and, on top of that, you limit the QB's points?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not a big deal either way for me.
Yeah, I'm with Kid. I don't like de-valuing passing TD's. I know QB's wind up scoring a shit ton of points, but if you reach too early for a QB, you'll wind up screwing yourself at RB or WR, so I think it tends to even things out.
did someone already create a league?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
we still need to decide which site to use. that would be a good first step, though. and i agree about 6 pts for passing tds
I have been on vacation and did not read through this whole thread. However if you guys still need somebody I would love to get in.