Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soi keeper fantasy football
me too, unless anyone's apposed i say we go bt's route. i'm cool w/ anything from 25-50 bucks as well. should we poll it or just have the guys in the league say what they'd like? especially if it's near the $25 region i think it should go something like $200 for the winner and $50 for the runner up. just my suggestion. someone will need to set up a paypal thing or, i wouldn't mind just having people send checks, i could do that, or someone else can. we thinking yahoo? i use cbs for my big, long running keeper league that i run but it costs like $125
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I might be the only person who thinks keeper leagues suck. I like having a chance to have any player on my team any given year.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
i guess we could vote on that. i just always assumed it would be a keeper league. keeps people interested from year to year and allows you to build your team
in a keeper league we'd need to discuss other things such as off-season trading, draft pick trading, etc.
<!--quoteo(post=49987:date=Jul 15 2009, 12:30 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jul 15 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->in a keeper league we'd need to discuss other things such as off-season trading, draft pick trading, etc.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Off season trading is allowed, but you have to keep anyone you trade for. You can trade draft picks, but you must get back an equal amount of picks. IE, you can trade a 1st and a 3rd to someone, but you have to get 2 picks back from them, so everyone has the same amount of draft picks.

Just my 2 cents.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=49980:date=Jul 15 2009, 01:01 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jul 15 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->me too, unless anyone's apposed i say we go bt's route. i'm cool w/ anything from 25-50 bucks as well. should we poll it or just have the guys in the league say what they'd like? especially if it's near the $25 region i think it should go something like $200 for the winner and $50 for the runner up. just my suggestion. someone will need to set up a paypal thing or, i wouldn't mind just having people send checks, i could do that, or someone else can. we thinking yahoo? i use cbs for my big, long running keeper league that i run but it costs like $125<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yahoo works for me. bt, since you know all of the rules would you mind commishing this thing? i'm definitely more interested if it's a keeper league than if not.
I've been in 3 leagues and each had different rules. However this is the first keeper league I've been in so I'll agree with whatever the consciousness is up for. As for the fees let me know where to send the check.
I might be able to commish, but sometimes, my time is short. If I can, I'd definitely want someone else to deal with the finances.

Also, we have a lot of time to talk this stuff over, so let's get to a place where everyone is cool with the rules. I've been in a keeper league for over 10 years, so I have some experience, but I am open to any and all suggestions.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I've never been in a keeper league, so just let me know what kind we're doing and I'll research it.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
So any progress on this league?
ill join if it is free
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=50783:date=Jul 20 2009, 03:14 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jul 20 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->ill join if it is free<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think you missed the whole point of this league.

- Butcher
I'll join if it's not a keeper league.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=50791:date=Jul 20 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 20 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'll join if it's not a keeper league.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
http://www.thecubsbrickyard.com/sonsofivy/...?showtopic=1650 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
[Image: lou.jpg]
i think we have 10 teams and we're good to go. should we start polling things? i figured we could just vote between the 10 of us if we can't find a consensus on certain rules. maybe use the batcave? we have a little over a month but we might as well figure this shit out. so basically, should we set up separate polls or just have a separate thread where we hammer out the rules or should we figure out a time when most of us can do the batcave thing?