Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards apparently get Holliday
<!--quoteo(post=52056:date=Jul 25 2009, 04:05 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 25 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now Ankiel homers and gives the Cards the lead. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brickwall.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't he about due for another wall collision? Of course, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.....although I wouldn't be <i>too </i>sad about it either.
Suck on that St. Louis: Jimmy Rollins with a grand slam, followed by a solo shot from Victorino [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
Well this is fun. From 4-3 Cardinals to 14-5 Phillies in 2 innings. If this holds up, Cubs will have 2 less losses than the Cardinals and be .5 games back. Cubs will also pick up a game on the Giants or Rockies in the WC race, as they play each other.
@TheBlogfines
If the Astros lose, this will be a perfect day. Phillies are trouncing the the Cards, Manbooby Jenks blew the save and the Tigers are now 3 up on the Sox. And I enjoyed a perfect day at Wrigley with my daughter. And she lasted all 9 innings. Beautiful.
<!--quoteo(post=52067:date=Jul 25 2009, 05:31 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 25 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If the Astros lose, this will be a perfect day. Phillies are trouncing the the Cards, Manbooby Jenks blew the save and the Tigers are now 3 up on the Sox. And I enjoyed a perfect day at Wrigley with my daughter. And she lasted all 9 innings. Beautiful.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
9-1 Mets late.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->When the Cardinals traded top third-base prospect Brett Wallace to Oakland for Holliday, St. Louis manager Tony La Russa offered this: “It’s not the right thing to do, but we’re going to do it anyway." Glad to have you, Matt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=52792:date=Jul 28 2009, 02:39 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jul 28 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->When the Cardinals traded top third-base prospect Brett Wallace to Oakland for Holliday, St. Louis manager Tony La Russa offered this: "<b>It's not the right thing to do, but we're going to do it anyway.</b>" Glad to have you, Matt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Kind of like the squeeze play? *ducks*
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

It's amazing how much of a dick LaRussa is. Way to make your new player feel welcomed.
<!--quoteo(post=52805:date=Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's amazing how much of a dick LaRussa is. Way to make your new player feel welcomed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe he just means that long-term it isn't the right thing to do, but they need to make the move to make the current team better. Or he could have just finished gargling 1/5 a bottle of Jack Daniels prior to answering that question.
Sounds like Glaus's return has been put on hold indefinitely.
Joe Strauss:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ankiel out tonite with groin strain. Likely out until at least Thursday, according to the skipper.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Those groin strains can easily turn into DL trips. Ankiel's struggled badly this year but shown signs of breaking out lately.

@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=52812:date=Jul 28 2009, 03:14 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 28 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52805:date=Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's amazing how much of a dick LaRussa is. Way to make your new player feel welcomed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe he just means that long-term it isn't the right thing to do, but they need to make the move to make the current team better. Or he could have just finished gargling 1/5 a bottle of Jack Daniels prior to answering that question.
1/5 of Jack? More likely 2 wine coolers.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=52922:date=Jul 28 2009, 08:55 PM:name=Baron)-->QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 28 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52812:date=Jul 28 2009, 03:14 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 28 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=52805:date=Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's amazing how much of a dick LaRussa is. Way to make your new player feel welcomed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
1/5 of Jack? More likely 2 wine coolers.

Snap.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
We're seeing in this series what Carpenter and Wainwright do for that team. Dodgers can't do anything. Back to 2nd place. If Kershaw sucks tomorrow after being dominant lately and Pineiro continues to kick ass, I'm going to be furious.

And these upcoming schedules really scare the shit out of me...

Cubs through August:
2 vs. Astros
3 @ Marlins
3 @ Reds
4 @ Rockies
3 vs. Phillies
3 vs. Pirates
3 @ Padres
4 @ Dodgers
3 vs. Nationals
3 vs. Mets
1 vs. Astros(2 more carry into September)

Cards through August:
2 vs. Dodgers
3 vs. Astros
2 @ Mets
3 @ Pirates
3 vs. Reds
3 vs. Padres
3 @ Dodgers
4 @ Padres
3 vs. Astros
3 vs. Nationals
@TheBlogfines
The Dodgers just had Mark Loretta pitch to a couple of hitters in this game.