Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards apparently get Holliday
<!--quoteo(post=56451:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56447:date=Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->WE DIDN'T FUCKING LET HIM GO FOR AAARON FUCKING MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS?

fontenot replaced derosa. why is this so hard to understand?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dunno, Fontenot is getting the at bats that DeRosa would have gotten, Miles is getting the at bats that Fontenot would have gotten had DeRosa still been here. Therefore, it seems that even though Fontenot took the starting spot from DeRosa, the actual replacement is Miles for DeRosa.

All that said, it really doesn't matter. I'd love to have DeRo still. Especially while ARam was out. But his absence is not going to be the difference in this team making or not making the playoffs.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Miles may have taken DeRosa's roster spot, but not his role. I mean if we'd have signed a pitcher to fill that roster spot, would it be the case that the pitcher replaced DeRosa?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=56452:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:23 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 8 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56451:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56447:date=Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->WE DIDN'T FUCKING LET HIM GO FOR AAARON FUCKING MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS?

fontenot replaced derosa. why is this so hard to understand?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dunno, Fontenot is getting the at bats that DeRosa would have gotten, Miles is getting the at bats that Fontenot would have gotten had DeRosa still been here. Therefore, it seems that even though Fontenot took the starting spot from DeRosa, the actual replacement is Miles for DeRosa.

All that said, it really doesn't matter. I'd love to have DeRo still. Especially while ARam was out. But his absence is not going to be the difference in this team making or not making the playoffs.
I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Miles may have taken DeRosa's roster spot, but not his role. I mean if we'd have signed a pitcher to fill that roster spot, would it be the case that the pitcher replaced DeRosa?

Of course not. But my understanding of the Miles signing was that he was coming in to be a utility infielder. That's pretty much what DeRosa was used for. I'm a little too hungover to mentally map it out.
<!--quoteo(post=56453:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:26 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Aug 8 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56452:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:23 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 8 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56451:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56447:date=Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->WE DIDN'T FUCKING LET HIM GO FOR AAARON FUCKING MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS?

Of course not. But my understanding of the Miles signing was that he was coming in to be a utility infielder. That's pretty much what DeRosa was used for. I'm a little too hungover to mentally map it out.
I think it's a pretty far stretch to equate Miles' role with DeRosa's. DeRosa's position could best be described as 2B-OF, not as a utility infielder. Out of 63 games started at a position other than 2B last year, 53 were in the OF.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Don't sweat it, guys. We'll get the last laugh when the Cardinals lose in the first round of the playoffs because their lineup is too right-handed.
<!--quoteo(post=56457:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't sweat it, guys. We'll get the last laugh when the Cardinals lose in the first round of the playoffs because their lineup is too right-handed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We'll be a WC taking on the Dodgers in that scenario. Might be to distracted to laugh at the Cards...
<!--quoteo(post=56460:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56457:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't sweat it, guys. We'll get the last laugh when the Cardinals lose in the first round of the playoffs because their lineup is too right-handed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We'll be a WC taking on the Dodgers in that scenario.

Followed by Milton hitting the walk-off homer in Game 7 from the left side. Believe.
<!--quoteo(post=56603:date=Aug 9 2009, 01:12 AM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Aug 9 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56460:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56457:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't sweat it, guys. We'll get the last laugh when the Cardinals lose in the first round of the playoffs because their lineup is too right-handed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Followed by Milton hitting the walk-off homer in Game 7 from the left side. Believe.
Maybe waiting for Game 7 of the NLDS has been our problem the last few years.
<!--quoteo(post=56604:date=Aug 9 2009, 12:14 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 9 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56603:date=Aug 9 2009, 01:12 AM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Aug 9 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56460:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56457:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't sweat it, guys. We'll get the last laugh when the Cardinals lose in the first round of the playoffs because their lineup is too right-handed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Point taken. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/teh.gif[/img]

(I had misread that as "We'll be in the CS" for some reason, so I was thinking NLCS. Stupid, I know.)
<!--quoteo(post=56604:date=Aug 9 2009, 12:14 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 9 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56603:date=Aug 9 2009, 01:12 AM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Aug 9 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56460:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Aug 8 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56457:date=Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 8 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't sweat it, guys. We'll get the last laugh when the Cardinals lose in the first round of the playoffs because their lineup is too right-handed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=56451:date=Aug 8 2009, 03:19 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Aug 8 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=56447:date=Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 8 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->WE DIDN'T FUCKING LET HIM GO FOR AAARON FUCKING MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS?

no that would be miles for fontenot.
Wang.