Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castro being called up?
According to some jackass website
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
So, who's place on the roster does he take?
<!--quoteo(post=95277:date=May 7 2010, 09:42 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ May 7 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, who's place on the roster does he take?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gotta be Tracy, right?
<!--quoteo(post=95279:date=May 7 2010, 09:44 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 7 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95277:date=May 7 2010, 09:42 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ May 7 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, who's place on the roster does he take?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gotta be Tracy, right?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Or a reliever, maybe.
Well, let's see what he can do. I wonder if Lou will throw him in the deep end by having him lead off.
Maybe a trade is looming. I'm not gonna care too much if Tracy is let go, but if this call-up ends up being temporary, say if Castro does nothing, we would then need another backup infielder at some point. Maybe one of the other kids like Barney would be next in line.
Also, you can take the question mark off the title.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37017632/ns/...ts-player_news/

Not sure why Ace didn't provide a link.
If you want to be entertained, check out the NSBB thread in the transactions thread. They are crying about how Castro is being rushed and this will ruin him. Kind of funny seeing as... they didn't have a problem when Castro was being rushed through the minor league system. My take on it is he probably won't put up stellar numbers, but he'll hold his own. He's been very quick to adapt as he's been promoted to higher levels of competition.
<!--quoteo(post=95279:date=May 7 2010, 08:44 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 7 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95277:date=May 7 2010, 09:42 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ May 7 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So, who's place on the roster does he take?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gotta be Tracy, right?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's what I was thinking, then Baker becomes the primary backup at 3b and Nady at 1b.
At the very least, I don't expect to see quite so many grounders make their way through the middle of the infield.
Don't blow your expectations up too big on this guy. Elvis Andrus had a .702 OPS last year in his first year at MLB. I think that's a safe projection for Castro too.
Coach will be pleased. Now if only we can find a way to work Cashner into the bullpen.
<!--quoteo(post=95289:date=May 7 2010, 10:21 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ May 7 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Coach will be pleased. Now if only we can find a way to work Cashner into the bullpen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And move Z back to the rotation instead of having him rot in the pen.
Is he gonna start tonight? I was gonna skip the game, but I may watch it now if he's starting.
Wang.
Vitters has also been promoted to AA