Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castro being called up?
<!--quoteo(post=95294:date=May 7 2010, 10:29 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 7 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is he gonna start tonight? I was gonna skip the game, but I may watch it now if he's starting.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would guess no and have his first start tomorrow, but it's a complete guess.
So what happens at 2B, a platoon? That seems really odd at the moment.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/05/odds...-kobayashi.html

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->ESPN's Enrique Rojas tweets that the Cubs have called up top shortstop prospect <b>Starlin Castro</b>. The 20-year-old was rated as the 16th best prospect in the game by Baseball America prior to the season, and was hitting .376/.421/.569 in 121 Double-A plate appearances. Chicago has already pushed his free agency back a year, but he can still qualify as a Super Two after 2012.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Interesting that the Cubs have already made two panic moves this season.

My guess is that Castro may give the Cubs a shock but still not expecting much from this team. If the team begins scoring runs, the starting pitching should fall off a cliff. Sad that so a number of solid starting pitching performances have been wasted.
You know, maybe this is the kind of wake up the team needs. Most of the team is aging veterans, maybe we need to infuse some youth into this team. Andrus may have only had a .702 OPS last year, but from what I hear, he plays great defense and I will take that from SS. Castro may surprise us, not sure, but it can't hurt. I just wonder how ready Theriot is to move to 2nd though.

Also, Lou better stick to what he said when he said that Castro will play everyday when called up....don't call him up to let him sit on the bench.

BTW, Vitters being promoted to AA is an interesting development.
I have a hunch we might DFA Baker for this move. Not a lot of need for a 3rd 2B.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=95303:date=May 7 2010, 10:56 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ May 7 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You know, maybe this is the kind of wake up the team needs. Most of the team is aging veterans, maybe we need to infuse some youth into this team. Andrus may have only had a .702 OPS last year, but from what I hear, he plays great defense and I will take that from SS. Castro may surprise us, not sure, but it can't hurt. I just wonder how ready Theriot is to move to 2nd though.

Also, Lou better stick to what he said when he said that Castro will play everyday when called up....don't call him up to let him sit on the bench.

BTW, Vitters being promoted to AA is an interesting development.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Theriot played all of college and most of his minor league career at 2nd. He also took reps there in spring training. I think he'll be fine.
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Hopefully it will spark something.... I'm not sure it will change anything. But we'll see.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=95307:date=May 7 2010, 11:23 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ May 7 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Hopefully it will spark something.... I'm not sure it will change anything. But we'll see.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would like to think that things will change, but unless the call-up of Castro all of a sudden wakes up the bats of Lee and A-Ram things are going to remain the same.

<!--quoteo(post=95305:date=May 7 2010, 11:15 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ May 7 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have a hunch we might DFA Baker for this move. Not a lot of need for a 3rd 2B.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have a feeling it's gonna be Baker too. I'm hoping there's a made up injury involved, because I would hate to lose him if Castro isn't ready and needs to go back down.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=95305:date=May 7 2010, 11:15 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ May 7 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have a hunch we might DFA Baker for this move. Not a lot of need for a 3rd 2B.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Baker can play 3rd also though, correct? I wouldn't have a problem with either Tracy or Baker being DFA'd.
<!--quoteo(post=95311:date=May 7 2010, 10:27 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ May 7 2010, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95305:date=May 7 2010, 11:15 AM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ May 7 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I have a hunch we might DFA Baker for this move. Not a lot of need for a 3rd 2B.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Baker can play 3rd also though, correct? I wouldn't have a problem with either Tracy or Baker being DFA'd.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Might as well have him fill in at 3B every few days until Aramis gets his head out of his ass.
Who's the better keep, Baker or Tracy?
<!--quoteo(post=95313:date=May 7 2010, 11:31 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 7 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who's the better keep, Baker or Tracy?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd prefer Baker, but Tracy is LH.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/ne...id=5170714

ESPN is saying that Tracy is gone.

I'll take this move. This team is inconsistent as hell. I don't think Castro will throw us anymore off balance.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron