Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castro being called up?
But now they can question the amount of jewelry he wears.

Maybe he is trying too much to be like his idol Hanley
<!--quoteo(post=100093:date=Jun 6 2010, 02:17 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 6 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->But now they can question the amount of jewelry he wears.

Maybe he is trying too much to be like his idol Hanley<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If, as a rookie, he makes the routine plays, takes the ball the other way, and keeps his .OBP over .330 I don't care if he wears dinner pearls and taffeta. As long as he doesn't go all Mr. T and weigh himself down, who cares?
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
<!--quoteo(post=100092:date=Jun 6 2010, 02:13 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 6 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Those questioning Castro's defense have been silenced hopefully.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wasn't questioning his defense. I was saying that at the time we brought him up, there was no evidence whatsoever that he would be a defensive upgrade.

and there wasn't.

Of course everyone on here took that to mean that I was saying he was never going to be able to play defense.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Well apparently someone in the Cubs scouting department thought he could improve the defense at SS from what they had seen.

And they were right.
<!--quoteo(post=100113:date=Jun 6 2010, 08:35 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 6 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well apparently someone in the Cubs scouting department thought he could improve the defense at SS from what they had seen.

And they were right.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well if there is one thing this board is good at, it's deferring to the knowledge of the Cubs scouting department. I mean, I'm positive we will all be happy with whomever the Cubs take in the draft.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=100122:date=Jun 6 2010, 09:45 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 6 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100113:date=Jun 6 2010, 08:35 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 6 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well apparently someone in the Cubs scouting department thought he could improve the defense at SS from what they had seen.

And they were right.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well if there is one thing this board is good at, it's<b> deferring to the knowledge of the Cubs scouting department</b>. I mean, I'm positive we will all be happy with whomever the Cubs take in the draft.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am. It was the basis on which I defended his immediate defensive ability.
Pity he has forgotten how to hit a fucking ball
<!--quoteo(post=100139:date=Jun 7 2010, 03:25 AM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Jun 7 2010, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pity he has forgotten how to hit a fucking ball<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He reached base every single game up until May 25th. Since then he has a .205 BABiP which is ridiculously unlucky.
<!--quoteo(post=100164:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:36 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 7 2010, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100139:date=Jun 7 2010, 03:25 AM:name=Dingo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dingo @ Jun 7 2010, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pity he has forgotten how to hit a fucking ball<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He reached base every single game up until May 25th. Since then he has a .205 BABiP which is ridiculously unlucky.
And his defense has gotten better and better, so at least his overall game isn't suffering. He is a joy to watch at SS. His problem lately seems to be that he's swinging very early in counts, which hopefully doesn't become a habit. Rudy needs to get on this pronto.
<!--quoteo(post=100167:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:51 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 7 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100164:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:36 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 7 2010, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100139:date=Jun 7 2010, 03:25 AM:name=Dingo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dingo @ Jun 7 2010, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pity he has forgotten how to hit a fucking ball<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And his defense has gotten better and better, so at least his overall game isn't suffering. He is a joy to watch at SS. His problem lately seems to be that he's swinging very early in counts, which hopefully doesn't become a habit. Rudy needs to get on this pronto.

of course he is- he's a Cub.