Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Games.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MichiganGoat" data-cid="218572" data-time="1400037162">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CubbieBlues" data-cid="218568" data-time="1400036913">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MichiganGoat" data-cid="218355" data-time="1399989484">
<div>
I actually despise video games and haven't played one without kids or being forced to because all the "guys" are playing video games while the "girls" gossip or whatever they do when they get together in a large room (my guess is the boil our souls in a cauldron)  for over 5 years.  I've never been very good at them and never wanted to spend the time to get good at them.  I did play through high school and college because you kind of have to and have a Wii for the kids and the only game I was ever good at was Tecmo Bowl once the games went beyond up, down, left, right, b, a to two 360 controls and like 10,000 buttons I quit. 

I'd rather goof off with all you knuckleheads
Well, to be fair. It's hard to like playing video games with you keep dropping the controller.

</div>
</blockquote>
Ah is that MS humor or goat humor or both.

</div>
</blockquote>
I was going for the MS humor.

Nakedman, the kinect wouldn't help, It would keep telling him to stand still.

</div>
</blockquote>

Ack, I'm sure there is a seizure or earthquake game that would be right up his alley.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffy" data-cid="217974" data-time="1399848537">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Luke" data-cid="217972" data-time="1399846009">
Does working on them count?

:ph34r:

Do tell.</blockquote>

Or don't...

I see the links, but what exactly do you do?
</blockquote>

I was a writer for Saints Row: The Third, and I'm currently an Assistant Producer for The Elder Scrolls Online.  I've spent some time in QA as well.

I'm also (independently of my day job) sort of the resident videogames industry guy for Icarus Interstellar, largely as a result a paper I presented at the original 100 Year Starship Conference in Orlando a few years back. 
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffy" data-cid="218331" data-time="1399956343">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jeffy" data-cid="217974" data-time="1399848537">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Luke" data-cid="217972" data-time="1399846009">
Does working on them count?

:ph34r:

Do tell.</blockquote>

Or don't...

I see the links, but what exactly do you do?
</blockquote>

I was a writer for Saints Row: The Third, and I'm currently an Assistant Producer for The Elder Scrolls Online.  I've spent some time in QA as well.

</div>
</blockquote>
Very nice. I will get into ESO eventually...but can only handle one MMO at a time. And right now that time is devoted to SWTOR.
Signature.
Nostalgia time... Sierra Online games - Police Quest, Heroes Quest, Space Quest, Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry...

I miss those games... they're probably shithouse to play now, but at the time as a kid, they were great.

Oh, man, I was killing King's Quest on my PC Jr.

Quote:Nostalgia time... Sierra Online games - Police Quest, Heroes Quest, Space Quest, Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry...

I miss those games... they're probably shithouse to play now, but at the time as a kid, they were great.

Those games were outstanding.

Heroes Quest was my personal favorite. I still dust it off from time to time...

[Image: quest_for_glory_1_pc_game_dos_dosbox.jpg]

The VGA remake blew my mind:

[Image: quest.png]
Heroes Quest was my favourite
Quote:Heroes Quest was my favourite

Right on. I remember mowing lawns as a kid just so I could buy it, and then thinking that it was the coolest game I'd ever seen. The storytelling was really fantastic, especially the humor.

And also trying to pass the age quiz at the beginning of Leisure Suit Larry. I was a bit too young to know the actual answers, yet I'd always get in eventually.

Space Quest and Police Quest were great too. I was a Sierra junkie there for awhile.

GOG still has them, or many of them anyway.

http://www.gog.com/game/space_quest_1_2_3
[Image: 1033590884-00small.jpg]

Probably my favourite game of all time though. Don't think I have replayed a game as often as I did with this one. 

[Image: u7murder-735125.jpg]

I played the shit out of that too. You had good taste in games.
As far as old school adventure games go, this was my favorite.

[Image: 26908-126996-maniacmansion1png-620x.jpg]

Signature.
[Image: 640475b2.jpg]

Anyone going to play it? I will have to eventually....because Wolfenstein. 

Signature.
Same here. Is it out already?
Out yesterday.  Steam is pulling it down now.

I haven't played a really good story driven FPS since Half Life 2.  I'm... cautiously optimistic.