Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
Rapp needs to pick, then we are set.

I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
How did I guess that "Fine Ham Abounds" was BT's team?

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I thought there were about zero people that would get that reference.

I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
It was fuckin' good ham.

--Veryzer

Not their best skit, but that phrase always killed me.

Aaah, I'm in the garage!

--Veryzer

I'll take Ace's team...
managers and teams are set. Again, everyone check and make sure they are cool with the draft date/time.

Do we declare keepers in here as well as the Yahoo site?

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Quote:Do we declare keepers in here as well as the Yahoo site?

I have already set mine on Yahoo as well but here they are:

WR Dez Bryant (3rd round pick to keep)

RB Zac Stacy (Undrafted, 7th round pick to keep)

Obviously if someone gets hurt (or if Dez Bryant does something stupid off the field) I could change my mind before the draft but otherwise I'm sticking with those two. And speaking of dumbass wide receivers, I'm pretty fucking pissed I can't keep Josh Gordon and his 9th round value.
@TheBlogfines
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bz" data-cid="227485" data-time="1408552140">
<div>

Obviously if someone gets hurt (or if Dez Bryant does something stupid off the field) I could change my mind before the draft but otherwise I'm sticking with those two. And speaking of dumbass wide receivers, I'm pretty fucking pissed I can't keep Josh Gordon and his 9th round value.

</div>
</blockquote>
is it set in stone he is getting suspended?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Giovani Bernard (5th round pick to keep)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">A.J. Green (6th round pick to keep - this is the last year in which he can be kept)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Edit: I might change my mind here

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clapp" data-cid="227487" data-time="1408553803">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bz" data-cid="227485" data-time="1408552140">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>
is it set in stone he is getting suspended?

</div>
</blockquote>

<div>

<div>
No, but it sounds like being eligible for half the season is the best case scenario:

</div>
</div>

Quote:ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Josh Gordon verdict may not be handed down before the end of next week.

Gordon's appeal hearing with Harold Henderson reportedly contained a high volume of testimony and evidence from both sides, leading to this lengthy delay. In standard 12-team drafts, we would begin considering Gordon in the 10th and 11th rounds, although that's obviously a high-risk approach. He's going to be eligible for eight games in a best case scenario, and there remains a realistic chance Gordon won't take the field at all this season. Aug 14 - 7:41 PM

Quote:Profootballtalk reports there have been no settlement talks in the Josh Gordon case.
It's been two-plus weeks since Gordon's appeal was heard, but the sides have yet to come to the bargaining table. They still could, but it would seem to grow less likely by the day. Absent a settlement, Gordon is looking at an all-or-nothing proposition (16 games if the ruling is upheld, zero if it's not). Reports from last week suggested the case should be settled before the end of this week. Aug 19 - 9:36 PM

@TheBlogfines
So I am thinking of keep Monte Ball but I didn't draft him in the 6th round. Someone else did but I'm not sure who. So would I lose a 4th round pick?  I am already losing my 5th round by keeping Graham. Or do I just lose a 7th round pick?

Nevermind. Read Kid's post from earlier. So I will be losing my 4th round pick and 5th round picks.

My keepers - Jimmy Graham (4th round)

-  Monte Ball (5th round)