Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite isolation movies that you've watched
I'm bored and looking for recommendations.

Currently I have watched:-

The Gentlemen - Probably one of my favourite movies of the last couple of years. Guy Richie nails it. Balls deep brilliant

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Fantastic but a wee bit too long

1917 - Good war flick

Yesterday - Fun flick if you like The Beatles, which I do. Otherwise give it a miss

Knives Out - Not bad, but not Oscar's worthy. 

JoJo Rabbit - Good movie. Taika is a brilliant film maker

Ford vs Ferrari - Not bad, not great though

Zombieland 2 - Fucking brilliant, laughed my tits off. Sleeper hit for me

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood - Shit

6 Underground - Meh

Quote:A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood - Shit

lol lol lol
Not that anyone cares, but I've been going back in time mostly watching old films noir and some classics, staying mostly away from contemporary movies. So much of the latest releases seem so out of touch with the current reality that it depresses me.

That said, some titles on my watch list that I haven't gotten around to yet (some older and some new):

The Nightengale

Force Majeure

Pain and Glory

The Lodge

Alps

The Jesus Rolls
Curious about The Lodge and The Jesus Rolls...

I've been watching all of the James Bond movies in order

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
My wife and I are slowly working through Tarantinos films, in no particular order. Started with Pulp Fiction, then Kill Bill 1 & 2. Probably doing the Hateful Eight next.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I've got time for one episode a night. Just did this season's Billions and Affair, now on Succession.

Homeland, Saul and Westworld next.

God bless cable television. 
Saul has been fantastic, as always. On the other hand, this season's Westworld is leaving me with a very empty, unsatisfying feeling.
Ive been putting off starting Westworld based on how bad last season was.

I love Succession.

Anyone watching Dispatches from Elsewhere on AMC? Its weird but I like it a lot.
Quote:Not that anyone cares, but I've been going back in time mostly watching old films noir and some classics, staying mostly away from contemporary movies. So much of the latest releases seem so out of touch with the current reality that it depresses me.

That said, some titles on my watch list that I haven't gotten around to yet (some older and some new):

The Nightengale

Force Majeure

Pain and Glory

The Lodge

Alps

The Jesus Rolls
Force Majeure is where it's at. Don't watch the remake.
Saul has been fantastic. Just watched Bad Choice Road this evening. Excited and sad for the finale next week.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="353625" data-time="1586792830">
Not that anyone cares, but I've been going back in time mostly watching old films noir and some classics, staying mostly away from contemporary movies. So much of the latest releases seem so out of touch with the current reality that it depresses me.

The Nightengale

Force Majeure

Pain and Glory

The Lodge

Alps

The Jesus Rolls
Force Majeure is where it's at. Don't watch the remake.</blockquote>
Is that Downhill? Looks terrible.
Quote:Saul has been fantastic, as always. On the other hand, this season's Westworld is leaving me with a very empty, unsatisfying feeling.
It's awful.  I'm not even paying attention to it when i have it on.
Ive been enjoying this seasons Westworld. Much better than last season.
I don't like how action oriented the last two seasons have been.