Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite isolation movies that you've watched
The episodes where most of the focus is on the "real world" are the only ones holding my interest at this point. Anytime they go back to Westworld, it's snooze city. The dialogue is pretty awkward and full of platitudes.
Quote:The episodes where most of the focus is on the "real world" are the only ones holding my interest at this point. Anytime they go back to Westworld, it's snooze city. The dialogue is pretty awkward and full of platitudes.
Agreed.  The storyline in the first two episodes with Thandie Newton running around was completely ignorable.  
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="353678" data-time="1587042139">
The episodes where most of the focus is on the "real world" are the only ones holding my interest at this point. Anytime they go back to Westworld, it's snooze city. The dialogue is pretty awkward and full of platitudes.
Agreed.  The storyline in the first two episodes with Thandie Newton running around was completely ignorable.

</blockquote>

Appears that Westworld attempted to pivot from last season’s convoluted storylines to a more simplified and comprehensive story. This season has seemed to compress some storylines but additional characters and their associated backstories haven’t cleared up or provided a consolidated theme.

The show still has great acting, looks great, and is an interesting concept but is still a freaking mess that wastes talents, money, and viewers’ time.
Nolan & Joy are so dedicated to every single character being a complicated anti-hero that, I'm sorry, is only believable for so long. Eventually a little clarity is needed otherwise you stop giving a shit.
My wife doesn't really watch the show, but i made her start this season with me. She pointed out how cheesy some of the dialogue is, which i never noticed, but now i can't not notice.

I think some of the cornyness is on purpose, especially when the android/hosts are delivering it, but it definitely bleeds into the larger asthetic of the show, to the point where it's unwatchable more times than not.
I tried to catch up and got about halfway through the second season. For some reason the show just can't hold my attention and I can't quite put my finger on why. I think it's like watching someone else play a video game or something.

Lol that's a good way to put it.

Haven’t watched too many movies lately, but really enjoyed 1917.

As for shows...

The Witcher...very good.

Devs...also quite good.

Finally started Ozark. Not too shabby.

Latest season of Ray Donavan was solid.

First season of Kidding was good, but the 2nd season lost me early on.

I keep going back to The Wire (currently on season 3 for the 3rd run).

I liked the last few seasons of Ray Donovan.

Will check out Wilcher and Ozark.
I just finished Devs and really, really liked it. It's by the same dude that did Ex Machina and Annihilation and explores many of the same ideas. Nick Offerman is in it and does a great job in a really different role for him. I highly recommend it.

That's a Hulu exclusive, correct? I'm a huge Alex Garland fan, so Devs is definitely on my list.
Correct.

I agree with Butchie. Offerman is really good in this role. It’s an enjoyable ride.

Finally watched 1917. I enjoyed it, but still came away disappointed. I expected a bit more plot, and honestly thought that once you get past the camera gimmicks of long, continuous shots the action wasn't all that spectacular either. Not saying it's a bad movie by any means, but didn't really teach me anything new about WW I, and sort of left me with an empty feeling.
Got a free trial of Apple so I could watch Beastie Boys Story. You boys see it yet?