Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite isolation movies that you've watched
I watched Tenet last night. Some of the visuals were outstanding, and the action scenes/choreography were top-notch. But, holy hell was the plot convoluted. And the constant exposition that had to come out of the characters' mouths in order to push the story along...

I'd give it a 3/5. It managed to be reasonably entertaining, but it really felt needlessly complex. It feels like Nolan sometimes confuses complexity with profundity.

Quote:Ted Lasso is the best show of the year. 

Kind of like Cobra Kai in that you're expecting a total shit sandwich, but it's unexpectedly good.

I binge watched Ted Lasso on Christmas Eve and it was absolutely delightful and hilarious.
I'm kind of done with Nolan. Ever since Inception, he's become a parody of himself.
Promising Young Woman is really, really good. Great performances across the board.

On what platform did you watch it, Butch? I can't seem to find it anywhere to stream except Prime, and it's a $19.99 rental. Definitely on my list.
Friend of mine recommended Bosch on Amazon.

Watched the first two and seems likes it's one cliché after another. Anyone seen this? Does it get better?

Same friend recommended Wanted and not that much more impressed with that after one episode. Does that get better?

Yeah, my friend might not be the best in terms of this stuff but he turned me onto Mindhunter which I liked so I figured I check the others out. 
Quote:On what platform did you watch it, Butch? I can't seem to find it anywhere to stream except Prime, and it's a $19.99 rental. Definitely on my list.

Yeah I think it's that price everywhere for the moment. I figure if you watch it with one other person it's worth the price...also factoring in I haven't spent a dime at a movie theater in almost a year and it didn't bother me. Smile
Quote:Friend of mine recommended Bosch on Amazon.

Watched the first two and seems likes it's one cliché after another. Anyone seen this? Does it get better?

Same friend recommended Wanted and not that much more impressed with that after one episode. Does that get better?

Yeah, my friend might not be the best in terms of this stuff but he turned me onto Mindhunter which I liked so I figured I check the others out. 

I haven't watched either one of those. I haven't heard of Wanted. Mindhunter was definitely good, though...
Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mrfelina" data-cid="356403" data-time="1611435096">
Friend of mine recommended Bosch on Amazon.

I haven't watched either one of those. I haven't heard of Wanted. Mindhunter was definitely good, though...

</blockquote>

I think I've seen ads for those, but haven't watched them either. Bosch is on Amazon, right? If you're looking for something good to watch on there, check out Sneaky Pete, Hanna, or The Expanse.
Yeah Bosch is on Amazon.  

I liked the first 2 seasons of Sneaky Pete, will check on the 3rd.

Thanks for the other two recommendations.  I'm in need of some good stuff to watch.
Jeffy, have you watched the current season of The Expanse? Season 4 was kind of a disappointment, so I've been hesitant to dive back in.
Rok, no I'm a couple seasons behind, so I need to catch up.
Quote:Jeffy, have you watched the current season of The Expanse? Season 4 was kind of a disappointment, so I've been hesitant to dive back in.

Season 4 was a let down, but season 5 has been great so far through 7 episodes. About to watch episode 8 now. 
Quote:Yeah Bosch is on Amazon.  

I liked the first 2 seasons of Sneaky Pete, will check on the 3rd.

Thanks for the other two recommendations.  I'm in need of some good stuff to watch.

Bosch is not bad. Kinda cliched detective series but entertaining nonetheless, although lost interest last season so haven't bothered with the current season.

I didn't mind Trickster, a Canadian indigenous supernatural drama. Kept me entertained as there's not much to watch at the moment.

WandaVision is shit in my opinion. I don't understand why everyone is raving about it.
Ok...maybe I'll give it another shot.

Wanted is an Australian Thelma and Louise kind of thing, not sure if I should give that another try either.