Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB.TV changes
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dirk" data-cid="270453" data-time="1456927222">
What's the deal with the app? What does the premium app have that the other doesn't? Last year I watched Cubs games on my phone sometimes when I was at the gym...can I still do that if I get the single team package?

You may have to spend $20 on the app if you don't buy Premium. I'm not sure.</blockquote>

I think that is the case. So, if you buy the single team package and the app you are still paying $104.99 I believe. Might as well pony up $5 extra and get every team.

I didn't think I'd watch anyone outside the Cubs last year, but, as the race started heating up I found myself watching Cards and Pitt games. However, I have to say this and there is likely some bias to this, but, Len and JD are infinitely easier to listen to than a lot of the TV teams out there. The NL central could have some of the worst TV teams in baseball. Milwaukee, Cincy, STL, and Pitt all make my ears bleed.
Partly it's what one gets used to and partly it's that I think Len & JD are good. I agree there are some horrid broadcasters out there...and some that seem bad that I bet I'd get used to. I'm also sure that Len & JD's chatty style would drive some people crazy...and that other viewers would start out not liking it, but would warm to it.

It isn't just the NL central. There are only a handful of decent TV broadcast teams around baseball. Dodgers (Scully is his own team), Tampa, Baltimore, and sometimes the Pirates are the ones that stand out for me. The rest can all burn in hell.
I catch some Rays games on TV down here, I do agree their announcers are pretty good.
Signature.
Quote:It isn't just the NL central. There are only a handful of decent TV broadcast teams around baseball. Dodgers (Scully is his own team), Tampa, Baltimore, and sometimes the Pirates are the ones that stand out for me. The rest can all burn in hell.

Most of the NL West is pretty good.  Dodgers, Padres, and Giants crews are all good.  
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Giants are decent with Krukow and Kuiper, yes, completely forgot about them. There's a Chicagoan in the SD crew who isn't bad, although his name escapes me. The rest don't really stand out at all.
Mud Grant?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Yes, Mark Grant is the guy. Is "Mud" his nickname?
Yeah.

Since I don't think I've seen this elsewhere, here are the Cubs spring games that should be available on MLB.TV (CSN, WGN, & ESPN broadcasts also available on TV in Chicago):

Fri. 3/4 (2:05 CT) vs. Angels (LAA broadcast)

Sun. 3/6 (2:10 CT) at Diamondbacks (ARZ broadcast)

Thu. 3/10 (2:10 CT) at Mariners (SEA broadcast)

Sat. 3/12 (2:05 CT) split squad vs. White Sox (Sox broadcast on WGN)

Sat. 3/12 (8:05 CT) split squad at Dodgers (LAD broadcast)

Tue. 3/15 (3:10 CT) at Padres (SD broadcast)

Wed. 3/16 (3:05 CT) vs. Royals (CSN)

Thu. 3/17 (6:05 CT) vs. Diamondbacks (ESPN)

Fri. 3/18 (3:05 CT) vs. White Sox (Sox broadcast on CSN)

Sun. 3/20 (3:05 CT) vs. Royals (WGN)

Wed. 3/23 (3:05 CT) at Rangers (CSN)

Thu. 3/24 (6:05 CT) at Giants (ESPN)

Fri. 3/25 (3:05 CT) vs. Brewers (CSN)

Sat. 3/26 (3:05 CT) vs. Giants (WGN)

Sun. 3/27 (3:05 CT) vs. Mariners (CSN)

Mon. 3/28 (3:10 CT) at Angels (LAA broadcast)

Tue. 3/29 (3:05 CT) vs. Athletics (CSN)

Thu. 3/31 (7:05 CT) vs. Mets (CSN)

Fri. 4/1 (3:05 CT) at Mets (WGN)

Sun. 4/3 (2:05 CT) at Angels (LAA broadcast)*

* - Yes, for some reason they are playing a spring training game against the Angels in Anaheim on that Sunday before starting the regular season there on Monday.

Quote:Sun. 4/3 (2:05 CT) at Angels (LAA broadcast)*

* - Yes, for some reason they are playing a spring training game against the Angels in Anaheim on that Sunday before starting the regular season there on Monday.

I was actually just wondering about that since someone asked me when opening day was. Certainly seems odd.

That's a lot of televised ST games. I love it!
Quote:It isn't just the NL central. There are only a handful of decent TV broadcast teams around baseball. Dodgers (Scully is his own team), Tampa, Baltimore, and sometimes the Pirates are the ones that stand out for me. The rest can all burn in hell.

I hear the White Sox announcers are really, really good.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="270461" data-time="1456935932">
It isn't just the NL central. There are only a handful of decent TV broadcast teams around baseball. Dodgers (Scully is his own team), Tampa, Baltimore, and sometimes the Pirates are the ones that stand out for me. The rest can all burn in hell.

I hear the White Sox announcers are really, really good.</blockquote>

Especially when there is dead air. That's when they are at their best ?
Who are the White Sox?