Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB.TV changes
I'd buy a larger data provision if it were available. But my three choices are to buy the next, massively more expensive tier, pay $10 for each additional 50GB (or portion thereof), or throttle my own usage. Under the circumstances, the last option is the best option.

Quote:I haven't paid any attention Rok, do you know what the cap is?  Concerning since I stream everything now, haven't gotten any warnings yet though.
Mine is also 1024GB per month. You can check by logging into your account. The Comcast account page even tracks your monthly usage, so you can set up an alert to warn you if you're bumping up against the cap.
Rok, are you watching games with this? Can you see what your daily usage is on a day when you watched a game through MLB.tv?

I do watch some games through certain Kodi add-ons, but they don't typically stream in HD. And you definitely can track usage daily. I'll have to see what the impact is of streaming something higher quality for 2-3 hours, as I don't know off-hand. I'm averaging <2GB per day of data usage, so not coming close to my cap.
I used 47GB yesterday.

This thread inspired me to check and see whether my ISP had usage stats, which it doesn't (not surprising because I don't have caps) but I learned that they just rolled out gigabit internet service in my area for which I have now signed up, so I love this thread.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
20GB of it was Soulseek and Bittorrent. Of that, 15GB was outbound. I'm adjusting settings to be less generous.

Quote:This thread inspired me to check and see whether my ISP had usage stats, which it doesn't (not surprising because I don't have caps) but I learned that they just rolled out gigabit internet service in my area for which I have now signed up, so I love this thread.
Gigabit as in 1000MB download speeds? What are they charging for that?
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="311202" data-time="1493311939">
<div>
This thread inspired me to check and see whether my ISP had usage stats, which it doesn't (not surprising because I don't have caps) but I learned that they just rolled out gigabit internet service in my area for which I have now signed up, so I love this thread.

</div>
</blockquote>

Technically it's like 940 down/880 up.  I had 150/150 up until now and they're only charging $20 more for the gigabit.

I'm not sure exactly what I pay for internet because it's bundled, but I have the highest tier TV package and it's now $175/month for TV + internet.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="311204" data-time="1493312049">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="311202" data-time="1493311939">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Technically it's like 940 down/880 up.  I had 150/150 up until now and they're only charging $20 more for the gigabit.

I'm not sure exactly what I pay for internet because it's bundled, but I have the highest tier TV package and it's now $175/month for TV + internet.

</div>
</blockquote>
And unlimited data? Good deal. What provider?
Verizon Fios
Must be nice.  Full on tv/cable package with Comcast used to cost me around 350 a month, hence dropping cable altogether and paying 60 dollars for their mid tier internet.

I knocked the Roku's bandwidth WAY down, and the game still look fine to my aged eyes. There's reason to believe the lag is greatly reduced, as a bonus.

Angel Hernadez is fucking up again.

Late to the thread, but alternatively if your phone has unlimited data you could set it up as a mobile hotspot and then connect to that as your wifi on your Roku.