Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB.TV changes
Quote:Who are the White Sox?

I think they're the Red Sox that have been left in the washer too long.
If anybody else has the new Apple TV (I don't think it's on old versions of the device), the new MLB app is pretty great.  The picture quality seems to be significantly improved and the ability to watch 2 games side by side is pretty awesome.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
There is a massive change in streaming quality in that it's going to stream in 60 fps this year (for at least many of the supporting devices). If you watch NBA and NHL highlights on YouTube, watching the videos that are 30 fps vs 60 fps is a pretty notable difference. It may not make as much of a difference for baseball given the other sports are fast-moving, but it will look a bit more "real" so to speak. More like you're at the game yourself. 

I don't think anything has changed for Spring Training though; this will be stuff that's updated in April. 

@TheBlogfines
Today's game highlights feature the new higher resolution. Wow, they look very, very nice.
Quote:If anybody else has the new Apple TV (I don't think it's on old versions of the device), the new MLB app is pretty great.  The picture quality seems to be significantly improved and the ability to watch 2 games side by side is pretty awesome.

This is pretty great.

[Image: kpE11Me.jpg]
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
So that's not going to work on an older Apple TV?
I don't think so.  Split screen needs to be on the ATV 4.

MLB.TV is killing me. My ISP is enforcing a 1024GB per month limit with hefty overage charges. MLB.TV consumes about 10GB per hour. It's running me over my limit.

Anyone have any idea how I can force SD instead of HD?

My phone has unlimited data. maybe I can miracast games from my phone to the Roku.

I'm not aware of any way to reduce MLB.TV providing the best possible picture except maybe on the desktop version (I'm not even sure about that because I haven't used the desktop version for some time).

Re casting:  Can you do that if your phone isn't on wifi?  I'm not familiar with miracast or that familiar with Rokus, but Apple has a similar feature on their devices called AirPlay to cast from an iPhone or iPad to an Apple TV.  However, in order to be able to do that, the devices have to be on the same wifi network.

If they do have to be on the same wifi network, check and see if there's some kind of cable or dongle that will allow you to connect your phone to your TV via HDMI.

I'm going to try this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/289289/how-to-...your-roku/

Which ISP do you have Straw?
Cox

Of course you do.

My ISP, Comcast, implemented similar caps as well. They claim that certain streaming services are exempted from this, but I'm guessing that is only the case if you pipe in 3rd party content through their boxes/platform (Netflix app works on X1 OTT for example). Sucks that MLB.tv doesn't work the same way.
I haven't paid any attention Rok, do you know what the cap is?  Concerning since I stream everything now, haven't gotten any warnings yet though.