Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Padres
That's a very good point. It may very well be wishful thinking on my part.

I wouldn't hate seeing Keegan Thompson or Wesneski brought up, but they haven't exactly been lighting the world on fire either.
I don’t like how this game is shaping up.
Every time I watch Hendricks pitch he gives the lead right back after the offense ties or takes the lead. It’s infuriating.
Annnnnnd another gapper. Hendricks is cooked.
Yeah...time for that anual career revitalizing trip to the IL.
Good god.
Welp. My night just freed up.
Hendricks is toast methinks.
Anyone else want to tell me that Hendricks is going to be ok just because he's throwing 90mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hendricks is a notoriously slower starter but has had worse results than normal.

If Cubs had Steele and Taillon were healthy, Hendricks would like find his way to IL for a jaunt in hopes he could “heal himself”. He was able to find his way back to success last season so there’s an opportunity based on his history to improve

For now, he’s in rotation and providing innings which Cubs desperately require. Hoping that he can provide both innings and return to sub 4 earned runs per game by summer
(04-10-2024, 10:11 PM)rok Wrote: Anyone else want to tell me that Hendricks is going to be ok just because he's throwing 90mph?

I don't think I saw him hit 90 yesterday.

So many of his 2-seamers started on the edge of the zone and broke over the heart of the plate. That isn't a recipe for success.
I just get tired of some of the Cubs social media types throwing charts and graphs out there comparing his 2023 season to 2021-22 Kyle and trying to claim that he's going to be ok just because he isn't throwing 85mph junk anymore. He may just be bad now forever.

I’m pretty much at the point where I think he’s just bad now

The game is so different now. All of these hitters are used to seeing/hitting 96/97/98. I don't care how much movement your 87-mph fastball has on it -- if it's 10 mph slower than what you're used to seeing it's going to look like it's coming in slow motion.