Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Padres
Offense keeps clicking. Darvish looks off his game. Hopefully Assad can give us at least 6…
Cubs pouring it on now.
Cuas is terrible.
Holy fucking shit.
This is unreal.
8-0 lead. Completely gone. What a joke.
Well. That was fun.
I stepped away at 8-0, and came back at 8-7 to see the tragic end. What the actual fuck?
(04-08-2024, 11:42 PM)Butcher Wrote: Cuas is terrible.

Please tell me this cruel experiment is over now. Stick a fork in him already.
You can't lose holding an 8-0 lead in the 6th. I was so high on this team until that inning. It's just one loss, but man, our pen may suck and that may be a real problem.
Merryweather is out for probably 60 days or more. Adbert isn’t really a shutdown closer. Neris’s peripherals were a clue that he was pitching above his head last season. Cuas is a train wreck. Leiter Jr is pretty reliable. Little had his first bad outing tonight. Taking a step back, it’s pretty clear the bullpen was shaky to begin with and losing Merryweather is a pretty big blow.
(04-09-2024, 01:58 AM)MrSheps Wrote: You can't lose holding an 8-0 lead in the 6th. I was so high on this team until that inning. It's just one loss, but man, our pen may suck and that may be a real problem.

No doubt. I was really hoping the pen would step up with our rotation banged up, but this is pathetic.
(04-09-2024, 02:01 AM)Butcher Wrote: Merryweather is out for probably 60 days or more. Adbert isn’t really a shutdown closer. Neris’s peripherals were a clue that he was pitching above his head last season. Cuas is a train wreck. Leiter Jr is pretty reliable. Little had his first bad outing tonight. Taking a step back, it’s pretty clear the bullpen was shaky to begin with and losing Merryweather is a pretty big blow.

Well said. Hopefully the offense keeps firing on all cylinders because we're going to need every run we can get.
Bullpen was highly leveraged in first week but thought that a couple impressive performances with starters going 6 innings provided them with enough rest to reset to establish footing and roles. Guess not

Time for Cuas to find that issue for IL time and guessing that Merryweathergoes to 60 day so Edwards to brought up during trip
How did I wake up to a loss? Cuas might not be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk