Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Padres
Good to see Brown chewing up some innings. Now we just need to score at least 10+ runs (preferably 20) to secure the W.
Yeah I was just thinking how many runs do they need to score before I feel comfortable.
MOREL YOU SEXY BITCH
I can’t believe Counsel wouldn’t let him face one more batter.
And here we go.
Everything is gonna be alright (I hope).

Also, Morel is a bonafide baller.
Fly the W
Sweet dreams, fellas.
Nice bounce back win

Hope Kyle executes later today and brings home the meatloaf for the series finale
Nice to come back and win after the other night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Brown can add a change up or a slider, he could be deadly. Fastball/curve worked great through 4+, but I'm not sure how long he can get away with that.
Heck of a bounce back win for the Cubs last night. Obviously calling a game in April a "must win" is nuts, but I'll say it was a nice and timely win, what you want after losing such a lead the night before.

I was frightened the pen would blow it though the entire time, I hope that fear passes...
Smyly and Leiter seem pretty reliable. I have zero faith in Cuas and very little faith in Almonte and even Neris. Adbert is fine but isn't really a shut-down closer. Losing Merryweather hurts a lot. Having a top-notch bullpen feels like such a luxury but today's game, it's almost a necessity. Starters almost never go past 6 innings anymore.
I think Neris will settle in to a reliable option, but sure would be nice to be able to fully depend on him right now as we really need an anchor in the late innings.
I hope you’re right. His velo was down last year and down even more now. I worry his success last year was smoke and mirrors. But we’ll see.